Enabling/disabling crossfire jumbles my desktop

Gorilla

Supreme [H]ardness
The main games that I play right now are BF4 and DOTA2. DOTA 2 hates crossfire (at least for me) so I disable it before I launch the game (it's not like it needs it anyway). Whenever I disable or enable crossfire it seems to randomly jumble all of my desktop icons. Is there a fix to this? I used to keep my icons in specific places so it's pretty annoying that they move around all the time.

That's odd, I ran crossfired 7850s for a while and I don't remember this ever happening to me when I disabled/enabled.

You can disable crossfire for individual games by making a game profile in CCC. Really easy to do and it will stop you from enabling/ disabling crossfire for certain games.

You can disable crossfire for individual games by making a game profile in CCC. Really easy to do and it will stop you from enabling/ disabling crossfire for certain games.

Thanks, I had no idea about this. It worked perfectly. Now I can play dota without disabling crossfire manually.

Does anyone know why that happens? I have the same problem when I enable/disable SLI.

I think when you enable crossfire or SLI you lose all video and until the cards/drivers are reinitailized windows switches to a default low resolution how it does when you have no drivers installed. If you look at how the icon are placed it is a 640x480 pixel area when your desktop returns. I think if you switch desktop size to 640x480 then switch back the icons will be in the same place as when you switch crossfire/sli off then on until you arrange your icons.

Last edited:
Back