• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Enabling/disabling crossfire jumbles my desktop

Gorilla

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Sep 14, 2007
Messages
8,573
The main games that I play right now are BF4 and DOTA2. DOTA 2 hates crossfire (at least for me) so I disable it before I launch the game (it's not like it needs it anyway). Whenever I disable or enable crossfire it seems to randomly jumble all of my desktop icons. Is there a fix to this? I used to keep my icons in specific places so it's pretty annoying that they move around all the time.
 
That's odd, I ran crossfired 7850s for a while and I don't remember this ever happening to me when I disabled/enabled.
 
You can disable crossfire for individual games by making a game profile in CCC. Really easy to do and it will stop you from enabling/ disabling crossfire for certain games.
 
You can disable crossfire for individual games by making a game profile in CCC. Really easy to do and it will stop you from enabling/ disabling crossfire for certain games.

Thanks, I had no idea about this. It worked perfectly. Now I can play dota without disabling crossfire manually.
 
Does anyone know why that happens? I have the same problem when I enable/disable SLI.
 
I think when you enable crossfire or SLI you lose all video and until the cards/drivers are reinitailized windows switches to a default low resolution how it does when you have no drivers installed. If you look at how the icon are placed it is a 640x480 pixel area when your desktop returns. I think if you switch desktop size to 640x480 then switch back the icons will be in the same place as when you switch crossfire/sli off then on until you arrange your icons.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top