• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

enabling/disabling BIOS settings for IP35 Pro? - First time over clocker

iamfett

Weaksauce
Joined
Apr 17, 2008
Messages
116
This is the first system I've built solo. Learned what I needed to know from the people on this forum - thank you all. Except for a small problem which you can read here: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1322882 I think it went pretty good.

I'd like to try mildly over clocking this thing (3.0/3.2). I've read the Stickyed post above by greysky, but I'm confused on what BIOS options to enable or disable for my board.
I've got options not listed in greysky post, and hes got options not listed on my screen.

Any help appreciated.
And if you don't mind, please look at the screenshots and let me know if you see anything out of the ordinary, corrections that need to be made or anything to watch out for before I start the OC.

Thank you.
07112008102808jc8.jpg


and

07112008104429ho7.jpg
 
Oh come on your kidding me, 26 people have read this but no one has over clocked a Q6600 on a IP 35 Pro board or can help a first timer?

I'm just asking for some advice on where I stand so far according to my screen shots, and what to do first.

I appreciate all comments.
 
Post some screens or list the ones your are confused about specifically but the only ones I have disabled are: Advanced Bios Features > Bios Features Everything disabled listed on there.

Also since you are overclocking with a Quad do a search for Bolt Mod so you can lower your PWM temps.
 
Back
Top