• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Enabling crossfire on a dual gpu card?

gamepin126

n00b
Joined
Aug 31, 2014
Messages
12
Sorry if this has been asked before, I tried looking but the search terms are pretty generic so I didn't find anything useful.

Would it be possible to force the crossfirex settings to be usable through CCC? I've got 1 graphics card that has 2 gpu's. 1 is being maxed out, the other is at 0% usage. I can see through the driver's changelog that it has the crossfirex profiles for Wildstar, but the crossfirex settings aren't available to me. Is there a way to make these settings visible?

I've got a HIS 7970x2 graphics card, using the 14.8 drivers
http://www.hisdigital.com/un/product2-691.shtml

Hmm, actually I'm basing all expected game performance, and the fact that MSI Afterburner is reporting 0% gpu2 usage. Is Afterburner known to work well with dual gpu cards? Is there a way I can either verify that both gpu's are being used on any given application, or that perhaps afterburner just isn't displaying the information correctly.

To see if I could get some kind of visible load on gpu2 I tried folding@home and MSI Kombustor and it was still at 0%.

I can't say I'm familiar with how the dual gpu's work when on a single card. Do they both work as a single logical unit, so that it doesn't need to report the stats/usage of the 2nd core?
 
that's a single gpu card my man
read the specs on that page you linked.
the x2 in this case is in relation to the cooler they are referencing. Notice by spec it says 3gb GDDR5, that is the default a 7970 has it would not have 1.5gb ddr5 per gpu on a 7970 the performance would be very bad.

Now there are dual gpu 7970 they are usually called 7990 however in HIS case that would be HIS Radeon HD 7970 6GB IceQ X2.

in the spec sheet when they say crossfireX it is in relation to the fact that it has the ability to be run as such, not that your specific card IS in crossfireX mode. Easy way to tell for sure it is a dual gpu card, look at the back of the card
HIS-7970-GHz-Edition-back-300x168.jpg

http://www.pcgameware.co.uk/reviews/graphics-cards/his-7970-iceqx2-ghz-edition-review/
that is one gpu core on the card, so it is not an X2 style card.

From what I recall, dual gpu cards you generally only have to turn off the dual gpu portion if you choose to do so generally you never have to worry about turning it on sort of speak they are designed to run in tandem ^.^
 
x2 and X² are not the same.

If it was a x2, it would be dual-gpu. Your X² merely states HIS's cooler design.

You wont have usage on a 2nd GPU that doesn't exist.
 
Ah, now I feel silly for that misunderstanding, it does have 1 gpu. Thanks for clearing it up.
 
Back
Top