Enabling ActiveX in Firefox....Possible?

AuDioFreaK39

Limp Gawd
Is there a way to download certain ActiveX controls that you specify in Firefox (like the one in IE where you can choose to download ActiveX controls that you want)? Thanks in advance.

Jesus christ if you want anyone to answer your question at least do it in a font color we can read. I'm not quite sure I understand your question anyway. What do you mean by "specify in firefox"? Do you want to use activex controls in firefox? Why? Activex is a proprietary microsoft technology and isn't supported by firefox. If you really really want to do activex stuff in firefox, search for "firefox activex" and you'll find a rudimentary plugin. Though if you really really want to do activex you should just use internet explorer.

short answer = no.

long answer = active-x is a microsoft only technology that is only used by internet explorer. with the recent domino-effect of security flaws found with active-x, i doubt any other web browser will implement it.

The best part of Firefox is that it doesn't contain activex. I agree with the other posters, if you want to use activex, stick with IE.

Let me get this straight. Firefox is a pretty safe browser, so let's add Active-X, so it will be unsafe, like Internet Explorer, right? hmm...........

Well, that would be the politically correct thing to do in a modern world. ;)

Fortunately, Firefox isn't politically correct.

Back