• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Enable power saving 2500K?

fx_fury

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 8, 2011
Messages
508
So I tried overclocking my 2500K to 4.5 Ghz on my ASUS P67 Pro M by just adjusting the multiplier and following a couple of steps, such as modifying CPU C1E, enable Load-Line Calibration, and possibly a few other things. The overclock went well but my temps were higher, obviously. My before the overclock temps ranged from 29-35 C but now theyre all around 37-44. My CPU voltage is also rated at 1.2 V but using CPU-Z it shows that its at 1.31 or so and that my multiplier is constantly at 37 right now.

I'm totally fine with running it at stock settings, ie idling at 1.6 Ghz and then allowing it to overclock up as normal, saving me thermal headroom. I tried restoring to defaults via the bios, and then I cleared the CMOS and updated the BIOS again to no avail, I'm still running at 3.7 with a 100 mhz bus speed and my CPU VID is right around 1.3 idle and actually drops to 1.296 or so under load.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Update: I set the OC to Auto instead of control in OS and now it sits at 3.4 Ghz, when idling, and when under load of prime 95. So that was a change but I still need help! My CPU VID now sits at about 1.1+ or - .005
 
Last edited:
On some BIOS versions, the default for EIST and the C-states goes to Disabled when overclocking, which will force the CPU to run at full speed all the time. Try manually putting those settings to Enable and see if that works.
 
Also if you elect to set manual voltage you will not have any downvolting. You need to choose offset + and be careful of the math. Use math, don't guess, and you will see enough fuel for your overclock but a vcore drop when light or no load.
 
Back
Top