Enable cd-rom auto start

vroom_skies

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey there you guys,

I'm having a little bit of an issue with this. It seems as if this feature was disabled on my friends machine. For some reason they want it back, I hated that feature and couldn't get rid of it soon enough lol.
Anyways, I can't seem to get it to re-enable. I've checked the settings under properties and checked a few reg entries that I found online, yet every thing looks to be enabled. Also the media is auto run capable.

I'm hoping I've just missed something simple.
Any help would be great,
Bob

Might not matter what operating system you're using.. try this:

1. open device manager and remove your CD/DVD drive and reboot to force Windows to reinstall the driver.

2. Open registry editor (start > run > regedit) and go to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\CDRom

and doubleclick "AutoRun" and make sure the value is set to 1 under Value Data.

3. Then in the registry, navigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

and doubleclick "NoDriveTypeAutoRun" and make sure the value is set to 91 under Value Data.

4. close the registry editor and restart your computer.

Sorry for leaving that out.
the OS is XP Home.

I'll try those ideas and get back to you with the results.
Thanks
Bob

Well I just gave then all a go.
Reinstalling the driver didn't work and both the reg entrees had the correct value.

Thanks for the ideas. Got any more by chance lol?
Bob

Do you have any OS enhancement software running, such as TweakUI? It's been awhile since I used it, but I believe there might be something in there that'll effect the way your operating system handle media.

Also check,

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoDriveTypeAutoRun

Back