Hello. I now that the general consensus here is that true 5.1 surround sound headphones absolutely suck.
Then people recommend that you get standard stereo headphones... but how do you "emulate" the surround sound?
I've heard the "holophonic" mp3s where you get the feeling of true surround sound through headphones, but how can I get it to sound 3D in, say, a game?
Do I need a new sound card for it (I've got the one built into my nForce 3 motherboard), or is it possible to simply have a pass-through driver that converts the game's 5.1 or 7.1 sound audio into two channels, then sends it to the sound card?
Thank you!
Then people recommend that you get standard stereo headphones... but how do you "emulate" the surround sound?
I've heard the "holophonic" mp3s where you get the feeling of true surround sound through headphones, but how can I get it to sound 3D in, say, a game?
Do I need a new sound card for it (I've got the one built into my nForce 3 motherboard), or is it possible to simply have a pass-through driver that converts the game's 5.1 or 7.1 sound audio into two channels, then sends it to the sound card?
Thank you!