• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

EMU 1616M

rougeqc21

n00b
Joined
Oct 6, 2006
Messages
43
I am looking for a higher end sound card for my laptop mainly because the converter in my Audigy 2 notebook introduces too much noise into the signal for my BX8A's. I have read though that some EMU cards don't play back sound from games and music etc... Anyone shed light on this? Thanks
 
They are not going to have the EAX 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 engine, so they will have to do EAX 2 on the cpu for games.

As for music, they should be able to handle normal I/O. I must state that I don't have this particular card, but have toyed with some of the EMU line.
 
stelleg151 said:
Any idea if they are able to decode/play DD and DTS?

All feature sets of sound cards all manufacturers make sure to state because they want you to know it has more stuff than competitors.

That said you'll notice that all surround sound algorhythms are not present in their specifications.
 
Back
Top