Empire At War Demo

I can't visit the site at work, how much longer do we have to wait to try it out?!?!
 
Demo Available at: CALCULATE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GMT AND CENTRAL TIME ZONE
 
yea I am getting like 12KBps

w00t only 20 more hours to go :rolleyes:

They should really have offered a torrent...
 
Erasmus354 said:
yea I am getting like 12KBps

w00t only 20 more hours to go :rolleyes:

They should really have offered a torrent...

I'm hoping that one will be up by the end of the day.
 
oh yea, just 20 more hours to go at a balazing 10k/s.

If some one happens across a torrent, please post it.

it's now posted on 3dgamers as well, but those servers are already crushed as well. I'm getting 23k/s now off an Austrailian FTP mirror from there. Better than gamespot, but still not good.
 
Okay, I have a totally noob question -

What program should I use to download a bit-torrent file? I have never once used the torrent thingy before, but it seems more and more that is about the only way to go to get a new file downloaded without waiting an enternity for a faster download speed.
 
Better than gamespot, but still not good.

Even on old files that hardly anyone would need, I still get slow DL speeds from Gamespot and I am a subscriber!!


Has anyone checked to see if fileshack has any better DL speeds? (for subscribers)
 
download.com is going at about 40k

3dgamers also has it but you have to wait in line first which is anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour.
 
Today must be the day for demos!!

3DMark06, Empire at War, and Rainbow Six Lockdown (PC version) all have demos available for download today.

What is this? Sweeps month for websites? Or a late Christmas present?
 
Download.com tells me service unavailable when i try to download, so I'm waiting in line with FilePlanet -- 348/550 in queue ;(.

Any torrents YET? :)
 
mine did to, now im getting it at 90kbs from 3dgamers. Fileplanet account works there :). i knew i paid for something
 
Whenever I click download at the fileplanet page there are no download links listed. What the hell. Im logged in to my paid account.
 
JustinSane said:
Whenever I click download at the fileplanet page there are no download links listed. What the hell.

Same here. But I'm now downloading through Downloads.com and I should be playing it by this time tonight if this connection doesnt crap out like the other one.
 
Ruffian998 said:
Same here. But I'm now downloading through Downloads.com and I should be playing it by this time tonight if this connection doesnt crap out like the other one.

Whats your dl speed? I just got fp to work and im downloading at 170.
 
The registered free servers at 3dgamers are going at 430kb/sec for me :cool: . Though i had to wait in a 40minute and something line to get there...better then the 10kb/sec I was getting from gamespot's free service.
 
Json23 said:
Even on old files that hardly anyone would need, I still get slow DL speeds from Gamespot and I am a subscriber!!


Has anyone checked to see if fileshack has any better DL speeds? (for subscribers)
I hear that, dude. GS's High-Speed Server my ass.
 
Fuck me, 657mb d/led and 3dgamers mirror just stopped responding for me. Then firefox crashed and it's all kaput :mad:

This sucks, someone set up a mirror or something that's actually fast and doesn't require 1hr + in a line.
 
Damn fileshack. I go on the Miami server where it says 2 minutes of waiting, so I get in line and I been stuck on 1 minute left for 10 minutes now!!!!
 
I just got it from Gamespot at 470kb/sec. Was well shocked since the servers are usually incredibly slow. I usually get around 40-60kb/sec
 
Got it from Fileshack at 350K/sec. Played for about an hour or so. I LOVE the gameplay. It's what I was hoping it would be. The only bad part about the demo is no Skirmish mode.. :(
 
How about one of you guys who have completed it start up a torrent ? :D :p


EDIT : nm there are torrents posted...I need a good demo right now to take my mind off of the textbooks I had to buy today :eek:
 
initial impressions? 56k man here deciding whether to take "the journey" or not. If it's pretty good I'm willing to go for it. Me and my modulator/demodulator have become very acquainted over the long, lonely nights.
 
getting around 60kb/s from Download.com. don't even try GamersHell.....
 
Grimdj said:
getting around 60kb/s from Download.com. don't even try GamersHell.....

HOW??? I'm still stuck around 13kb/s. All other files and stuff I've been downloading throughout the day have been about 300+kb/s.
 
Back
Top