Embedded RealPlayer links - how do I get around them?

lorcani

2[H]4U
I use RP-Alternative, but it doesn't pick up embedded links. Is there any way I could play them without getting RP10? Or, anyone know where I can get another, less-intrusive version of RealPlayer?

Anyone know how I can get around this? I don't want to have to install Realplayer, I made that mistake before. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by lorcani
I use RP-Alternative, but it doesn't pick up embedded links. Is there any way I could play them without getting RP10? Or, anyone know where I can get another, less-intrusive version of RealPlayer?
You can try here:

http://forms.real.com/real/player/blackjack.html

I am considering doing the same thing. My only fear is that Real Player has rigged these older versions to constantly ask you to upgrade to the latest version. That or some video will "require" something newer from Real Player.

I tried Real Alternative but ran into the same problems you are experiencing. So, I figure I have three choices: (1) live with Real Player, (2) live with Real Alternative, or (3) dump Real playback altogether, at least as far as the embedded links are concerned.

I have been using Real Player One v2 for the last couple of months. Very invasive application, tends to keep asking me to log into Real's web site. It does this despite turning off all known options that would cause RP One to access the web.

Does anyone know if RP 7.0 or 8.0 (Basic, I think) is this way? I had RP 7.0 on my old P3 and don't remember it being this annoying.

Why does the company that created the web's biggest movie clip playing program suck at life? :D

I tried installing the v4 and v5, with no luck (the installers wouldn't load after they were downloaded). I then finally managed to install RP G2, and it doesn't want to play an embedded clip.

I think I've given up on RP for the moment. Thanks for the links though, mfm.

Back