Email Notification: Secondary Address?

JCJones86

Gawd
Suggestion: It would be very convenient to allow a secondary email address just for the notifications. I realize the problem behind allowing new registrations via free email services, but it would be great to be able to send thread update and PM notifications to my Gmail account.

I'll even volunteer to code the workaround if that's at all possible. I know you guys are busy just keeping the forums up-to-date! :)

This same feature request has been requested many times. Guess you are too busy to search. Guess everyone is busy. :D

Since the search feature is currently down (I had to fat finger through to find this), was their a reason this idea was not implemented? I whole heartedly agree with the OP. Who doesn't have a gmail address these days?

That might work on a board that doesn't consistently have about 1500-2000 viewers/posters online at any given time and 100k members. As it is, the plate is pretty full already databasewise and unneeded additions aren't warranted. Sorry, you'll just have to change your registration email to something that the system will accept and live with it for the foreseeable future.

Back