email client wars

my only experience with email clients have been at work with outlook. well i'm perpetually broke so free is all i can afford. With that in mind i've been trying to find a email client that not only works great (currently using Thunderbird & Sunbird) but also has a calender function integrated and preferrably hotsync for a pda (You never know). I haven't installed other stuff but was hoping someone here would have experience with some clients. i'm kinda looking at eM Client and Windows Live Mail but i can't test anything out for a couple of days. I can't run any email servers at home, this is strictly end user stuff! Any feed back would be great:D

I don't use any but there might be some Thunderbird extensions that do what you want.

Worth checking out their page.

Thunderbird is all I use. Extensions and add ons far exceed Outlook in my opinion.

The hotmail plug-in seems broken though. Haven't managed to get hotmail through Tbird for a week now.

i checked out the add ons, Very impressed, i got lightning for the calender and even got a couple of themes. Thanks!:D

i checked out the add ons, Very impressed, i got lightning for the calender and even got a couple of themes. Thanks!:D

Yeah no problem.

Theres a bunch you can download that aren't on their main page but you can get to through google. If you ever want it to do anything else... you know like fire a missile or something :D you can always google Thunderbird Add ons.

The hotmail plug-in seems broken though. Haven't managed to get hotmail through Tbird for a week now.

First, make sure you update to the latest versions.

Next, you need to configure them. Hotmail switched to Windows Live Mail. Go into the Options for the Webmail/Hotmail addons and make sure you switch the Hotmail to the "Windows Live Mail" option - should start working again.

I had to do the same thing... was miffed for a few days until I managed to find that out.

Thunderbird is all I use anymore since I switched to imap...seems to play the nicest with my imap server ;)

First, make sure you update to the latest versions.

Next, you need to configure them. Hotmail switched to Windows Live Mail. Go into the Options for the Webmail/Hotmail addons and make sure you switch the Hotmail to the "Windows Live Mail" option - should start working again.

I had to do the same thing... was miffed for a few days until I managed to find that out.

I try that when I get home, Had the auto-update add-on so I though I had the latest.

Back