email address changing

niceplace

Weaksauce
I went into my profile to change the email address i have registered here because i am shutting that particular email account down. The new one i wanted to use is a gmail but the board wouldnt let me change, giving the error we do not accept yahoo or hotmail addresses. Im a bit confused because my email isnt either of them. What do i need to do.

niceplace said:
I went into my profile to change the email address i have registered here because i am shutting that particular email account down. The new one i wanted to use is a gmail but the board wouldnt let me change, giving the error we do not accept yahoo or hotmail addresses. Im a bit confused because my email isnt either of them. What do i need to do.

The boards do not accept free email of any kind.

The reason you received that particuliar message is that originally Hotmail and Yahoo were blacklisted and that is the message you received, but gmail was added to the filter but not added to the default message. There are web based email clients that are accepted, but they need to be based on a permanent ISP account. This is done to deny multiple accounts and also to avoid spam attacks.

niceplace said:

Thanks for the info all. I see why some email providers are blocked, it just makes it a bit difficult for me. Ive replied to your PM DeadlyAura, cheers.

Back