• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

eMachines Slim Case Power Supply Replacement

Simon00

n00b
Joined
Jul 14, 2010
Messages
12
One of the cheapest computers at Wal-Mart is the eMachines Black EL1352G-01w (http://www.walmart.com/ip/eMachines-EL1352G-01w/15062989). I've asked eMachines if their power supplies on their Slim Cases were standard FlexATX, but the guy didn't know even after asking his supervisor. He gave me a link that only shows:

220 W (Non-PFC)
220 W (PFC)
220 W (PFC, 80Plus-certified, more than 82% efficiency)

I'm thinking of using software RAID1 & use it as a cheap configurable NAS (2 GB RAM is plenty & the cpu is sufficiently powerful). It'll be on constantly, It will be housed in a "dusty environment", where power supplies are the 1st thing that BREAKS.

I'm wondering if it uses FlexATX or a proprietary power supply? Anyone here has an eMachine Slim Case and knows the answer? I believe all their current Slim case models use the exact same case & power supplies.

Many Thanks!!

-Simon
 
If you're computer is like mine: Dell Inspiron 531s, then what you're looking for are TFX power supply units.

Which if you're living in North America can only be found up to 300W (as far as I know).

Apparently Sea Sonic produces quality products, so you should look for those. Goes for about $50 for a 300W.
 
Back
Top