Emachines Reliability

lithium726

[H]F Junkie
My dad is getting tierd of his pentium 3m 1ghz, and is looking to buy a new laptop. i was on the emachine website and i saw the a64 notebook for 1399.99, and thought it was a hell of a deal, so im wondering... will my dad have any problems if we buy emachines? are the stable, reliable, and quiet? i dont want to have to send the computer back to them multiple times for broken parts, and he will be using it in a buisness setting so it is necessary that it work all the time. any input, warnings, ect will be much appriciated!
~brian

here is the notebook in question...http://emachines.com/products/products.html?prod=eMachines_M6810

Really like my M6807. I have had it for a month or so now with now problems.

Called the tech support a couple of times with questions about hardware and always got through right away to someone who spoke very good english.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a M68XX series lappy to anyone, it is a bargin!

emahinces notebook m680x series are great, 2 things keep in your mind
- he may have cracked screen hinge after unkown period of using
- the hard drive is slow, actually most of the notebok hard drives are slow, so he may replace it with 7200 one

other than that its great notebook, i have the m6809

canadianboyxxx said:
Really like my M6807. I have had it for a month or so now with now problems.

Called the tech support a couple of times with questions about hardware and always got through right away to someone who spoke very good english.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a M68XX series lappy to anyone, it is a bargin!

Quoted for truth. I just had to speak to them for the first time for the cracked hinges issue, and my hold time was 23 SECONDS. Got right through to an ENGLISH SPEAKING AMERICAN.

I can't tell you how happy I am with their cust serv, thus far at least. There is still a lot of balls they can drop from now until then.

I am in the market for a laptop as well and after seeing all of the positive press for Emachine I am positive I'll go with them. I was always weary of emachines, but apparently they have gotten much better!

-Rikus

Back