• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Emachines M6811 Laptop Overclock

gerbiaNem

2[H]4U
Joined
Mar 6, 2005
Messages
2,169
I'm currently running the laptop in the sig 100% prime stable. I even lowered the cpu voltage from 1.4 to 1.325 (can run at 1.25 when no OC). My memory stock is 333 with 2T timing, I reduced the Trtw to 2 from 4 and reduced the Twr from 3 to 2. I reduced Tras to 5 from 7,Trfc from 12 to 11, and Trc from 10 to 8 before but they didn't have a performance boost. I used A64 Tweaker to change memory to 200MHz. Then I used clockgen to increase memory by 10MHz in turn changing my cpu to 2.31GHz and memory to 420MHz. I haven't had any problems with it and the temperature out the back when playing games and running prime isn't very hot. Should I keep it this way?
 
lavalys says the maximum clock speed for the proc is 2.5 ghz.. but since the pci / agp are not locked, it gets risky pretty quickly. i think you're doin just fine as you are.. i know some people would go more, but meh - unlike desktops, this system doesn't really leave much room for oc as it is. personally i don't feel like oc'ing the lappy because the performance increase isn't substantial enough for me to justify it yet.

so at this moment - i say keep it at what you have it at. but compliments go to your oc as well
 
nice serb.
My gf's got that notebook... she'd friggin kill me if I OCed it. heh heh
Were these all software modifications? I noticed that the BIOS is kinda weak on the M6811 notebook.
Awesome value for your dollar though.
 
Back
Top