Emachines M6805 Problems

NooNe

Limp Gawd
I just reformated my Emachines M6805. I reinstalled Windows XP Home with SP2 and then installed all the critical updates through windows update. After that i installed the required drivers. I used the Omega 6.2 drivers for my video card. I still cant find the driver for the PCI Simple Communications Controller if anyone knows where i can get it. Anyway on to my bigger problem. Whenever i close the lid to the laptop or disconnect the power cord to run it off the battery Windows completely freezes up. I thought it was a driver problem so i have tried to remove some drivers but it still freezes up. When i boot into safe mode this problem goes away. I really dont want to reformat my laptop again so if anyone has had this problem when they reformated their m6805 i would really appreciate your help. Thanks a lot guys.

What drivers did you install? Did you install the VIA Hyperion drivers? If you could provide a list of the drivers that you installed, we might be able to identify the missing link.

All the necessary drivers are available on Emachines website.

On the emachines website they didnt have any driver downloads for the m6805, but they did have all the drivers for the m6809. So i used the drivers from there. I got my vid drivers from omega, and my cpu driver from amd. I don't think i installed any VIA drivers. Thanks a lot.

Back