EM3 Stealth Mode Recovery

kbong

n00b
First off, I just finished my first WU.....yay me!

Now my real question:
I read the EM3 manual on how to get back into GUI mode from stealth mode (hold scroll lock), but it's not working for me. I even tried placing a heavy object on the key and left it while I went to lunch :confused: (There was this tiny voice in my head that said 'don't touch the stealth mode' *sigh* oh well)
Is there anyway to get the GUI back? Registry hacks are fine by me.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

kbong said:
First off, I just finished my first WU.....yay me!

Now my real question:
I read the EM3 manual on how to get back into GUI mode from stealth mode (hold scroll lock), but it's not working for me. I even tried placing a heavy object on the key and left it while I went to lunch :confused: (There was this tiny voice in my head that said 'don't touch the stealth mode' *sigh* oh well)
Is there anyway to get the GUI back? Registry hacks are fine by me.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

I had the same problem before...if I remember correctly what you have to do is go into the EM3 folder and make a backup copy of one of the .dll or .dat files (copy it to another folder). Then rename the file that you moved that is still in the EM3 folder to whatever you want. It should come out of stealth mode. If you want you can move the copied backup back into the EM3 folder. Basically the program has this fault so often that the developer put in a failsafe - when the program runs it checks for the correct files at startup - if it can't find them, it'll come out of stealth mode. PM me if you have any questions.

Create a file called show.me in the EMIII directory. EM will show up and delete the show.me file in a few seconds.

One tip about the scroll lock: If you are using a Microsoft keyboard with the F Lock feature, it must be ON for the scroll lock key to work.

Thanks for the feedback. At first I tried removing all the .dll files and restarting, but that didn't seem to work. The show.me trick worked though.
Thanks again. :)

Back