EM3 missing info

sandmanx

[H]F Junkie
Can anyone tell me why EM3 shows info on frame percentage and time left completely randomly? I've got it monitoring 8 machines at work and everytime I run it, all it tells me is point value, frames completed/total, and the protein name. I'd really like to run it once a day or so and check to make sure proteins are running on all my machines, so it's not much use for me right now.

Also, is there any way to tell in EM3 if proteins are failing? I've had that happen a few times on one machine and didn't even know about it until I happened to check the logs.

If you are talking about how all it shows is frames completed on startup, it starts updating once's F@H has completed one frame. At least that is the experience I've had. Normally I run EMIII at all times and the only time I've had that happen is when it downloads a new WU, or it is resyncing with my other boxen after a reboot. I think the logs are the only way to tell if you're dropping units, unless of course you run and watch EMIII at all times to see it downloading new units before others have completed.

Does this happen when you first start EM3? Because it will take 2 or maybe 3 completed frames before I rely on the information that it shows.

I don't see a need to fire up em3 once a day. The program uses a small amount of system resources; is meant to run all the time; and has the little lightbulb icon in the systray, to alert you when the folding client buggers up.

My suggestion to you is to run em3 when your machine is on.

Hope that helps,
GwilyaGwees

GwilyaGwees said:
Does this happen when you first start EM3? Because it will take 2 or maybe 3 completed frames before I rely on the information that it shows.

I don't see a need to fire up em3 once a day. The program uses a small amount of system resources; is meant to run all the time; and has the little lightbulb icon in the systray, to alert you when the folding client buggers up.

My suggestion to you is to run em3 when your machine is on.

Hope that helps,
GwilyaGwees

I guess I'll do that. I'm not a big fan of extra icons in the tray though. Is there a way for that light bulb to show up only if there is a problem?

On a side note, all these machines run 24/7. :D

You can also run EMIII in "stealth" mode.... no icon(s) in the tray.... just hold down the scroll lock to bring it up again.....

And yes, EMIII is intended to run all the time, to monitor your boxen...

Keep on Folding!! For the [H]orde!!

When you first turn EMIII on, it sometimes thinks a save point in the middle of a Frame is the start of a Frame.
Hence the silly times it gives you.
Once it records the correct start & end of a Frame it gives you the correct time the Work Unit will take.

I dont know of any other way than going through the FAHlog.txt files to find out if a Work Unit finished early.
I do that once a week.
Depending on the protiens I have folded, I can get a 1 in 50 error rate.
But if I get more than around one a month on a boxen then I will test that boxen for stablity.

Luck........... :D

Ok, I actually am letting it run and it's monitoring correctly now. It's working well for me with stealth mode.

I guess I'll start checking my logs and see when an error message shows up. I'm mainly concerned about one box that was giving me trouble earlier in the month, and has been stable recently, to make sure it stays stable.

My PPD have recently nosedived a bit and I decided I better monitor my borgs a bit better. I still haven't seen any problems with my 10 boxen, but my PPD have dropped by ~300(from 1000 to 700) over the past week. I'll guess I'll check the logs today and see if everything is alright.

If you've just done a lot of Small Gromacs versis Big Gromacs then a 30% drop in production is quite possible.

I can do around 2,400 PPD if I get all Big Gromacs / Tinkers.
Lately it been around 2,000 PPD due to a mix of Big & Small Gromacs / Normal & Timeless Tinkers / Ambers / DGromacs.
Can drop to around 1,400 PPD is I ever got all Small Gromacs / Ambers.

Luck........... :D

If you only want to monitor intermittently try out FaHMon, the link is in the monitoring thread stickie. http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=885439

I personally use EMIII at home, but have a couple of machines at work that I run FaHMon on as needed.

FaHMon will also load the log file for the machine you hve selected and you can review the log on each machine from inside FaHMon

DaBoSSs

Back