• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

EM3 acting odd today for some reason.

Joined
Jan 9, 2002
Messages
776
This morning EM3 was working ok for me but this afternoon it is no longer displaying and time related info (Time per frame/Time Per WU/Time Remaining/Finsh:) It still shows the Protein:, Frames: (26 of 100), points, etc but the time infor has gone missing. Also the drawing of the protein is frozen. I'm running the graphical client and it is showing progress but EM3 is lost.

I'll tried killing the EM3 program and restarting it to no avail.

It is a large WU.

Is this just somethig that happens with EM3 occasionally and I should just ignore it? Or is it something fixable?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts you guys might have on this.

 
I run EM3 on my wireless notebook to monitor the console on my notebook and on my wired desktop.

Occasionaly, EM3 will encounter a "Time Per Frame Problem" with my desktop, but usually restarting EM3, sometimes restarting the laptop, fixes it.

drdeutsch
 
Go into the work folder and see if you have any odd files with numbers that don't match the majority. Sometimes the client leaves garbage behind and once in a while it does cause a tracking issue...

Some files will have something like 02 or 03 ... if most are 03 you would delete all the other numbered files.
 
LPerry said:
Go into the work folder and see if you have any odd files with numbers that don't match the majority. Sometimes the client leaves garbage behind and once in a while it does cause a tracking issue...

Some files will have something like 02 or 03 ... if most are 03 you would delete all the other numbered files.

It's my work machine so I'll check it in the morning when I get in.

Thanks
 
Well, I VPN/VNC'ed into the work machine and it seems to have fixed itself. I'll keep the tip about the files handy if it ever happens again. Thanks

 
Back
Top