Elgato Game Capture 4K60 Pro Is $299 via Amazon

That might be a decent deal actually. However, if you have a Turing based card, with the latest sets of drivers from Nv you can capture and stream hardware Nvidia video engine based h264 in OBS etc... with full blown hardware acceleration and it will NOT affect your gameplay at all. This is due to the hardware offload and separation of the video engine from the regular GPU functionality.

I do it and the performance is stellar. YMMV though because I do have a 2080ti.

That might be a decent deal actually. However, if you have a Turing based card, with the latest sets of drivers from Nv you can capture and stream hardware Nvidia video engine based h264 in OBS etc... with full blown hardware acceleration and it will NOT affect your gameplay at all. This is due to the hardware offload and separation of the video engine from the regular GPU functionality.

Can you explain a little more. what's obs? I'd like to capture some quake live matches.

for consoles, you'd need a video in.

Back