Electro Luminescent Keyboards

st4rk

Gawd
Joined
Sep 19, 2003
Messages
1,013
Why do all the lum. keyboards suck for gaming?

The arrow keys are always bunched up right next to ctrl, and right below enter! Horrible.

Some don't even include number pads, some have those annoying mini backspace keys, and other's don't have backslash in the correct spot (under backspace), and instead put it to the right of the shift key!

Argh, when will they get it right:

Normal size backspace key
seperate the arrow keys like normal keyboards
include a number pad
put backslash and pipkey under the normal sized backspace key

voila! anyone agree?
 
Obviously they were not designed for gaming, or were designed by an idiot. They were only designed to look cool and functionality was not even considered. The best keyboard for gaming is the the zboard, I'll never go back to regular keyboards.
 
Illuminated keyboards are inherently based on laptop thin-key designs and so they have laptop schemes. I can game perfectly well on the laptop. I just learned how to use WASD instead of the arrows.
 
Although no lit through the keys, the Saitek Gamer's Keyboard (newegg) has pretty normal keys (even a non-L enter key) and isn't bunched up. The keyboard has LEDs underneath the keys. I heard that they're coming out with a version with lit keys.
 
Spare-Flair said:
Illuminated keyboards are inherently based on laptop thin-key designs and so they have laptop schemes. I can game perfectly well on the laptop. I just learned how to use WASD instead of the arrows.
I use WASD as well but it is just more comfortable for me that way.

I agree that manufacturers need to come up with a nice illuminated keyboard. In fact they should design some into their current models as an extra feature. I would love having a diNovo illuminated keyboard. I haven't seen the Apple Powerbook's keyboard but it has the illumination feature, I just wish Logitech or Microsoft would utilize the same technique in their keyboards.
 
Back
Top