Electrical Tape

Nope;)

Of course you could, but rather you should or not is up to you.. personally I think it's a little on the ghetto side, zip ties are not exactly expensive.

Just my opinion.

Removing will also be a pain, as all of your wires will be sticky

Removing will also be a pain, as all of your wires will be sticky
Agreed.

IMO your best option is twisty ties. You know, the black ones that come on about every cable that you receive with PC parts.
Bread bags are also a good source for twisty ties. And guess what - they are completely reusable.

Velcro straps are a great idea, but they get kind of thick if you're wrapping a small bundle of wires.

Electrical tape at Home Depot will run about $4 a roll. You can get a pack of 100 8" natural or black cable ties for the same price, and unless you get crazy 100 will last you a while.

Another option is a tape like product called "flagging tape".. It's like tape, but it does not have a sticky side, yet does stick to itself, but leaves no residue behind. It's available in a ton of colors and you can get it at Home Depot, it's in the tool section, or just ask for it. I have used this stuff to sleeve a couple of psu's and it actually works rather well. Much better than electrical tape.

I also recommend staying away from electrical tape for wire bundling. The residue will drive you nuts if you have to remove it after a while.

Back