• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

El Cheapo Retail S775 cpu

Joined
Oct 2, 2001
Messages
572
As a bridge to the Q9450. I have most parts sitting around save for cpu and video. I plan on stock cooling.

My A64 3200 is killing me right now. I don't even care if its a celeron- just to get running as inexpensively as possible. I don't even know if my mobo requires the bios update to run a Yorkfield- I'm assuming that it does (IP35 Pro v1.0) so I'll need another cpu to do that anyhow.

TIA
 
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116064

Might be better- it's a dual so I won't need to redo the HAL (or rebuild as all other components will be the same) with a quad. Admittedly I was looking for cheaper- I know, how do you get mcuh cheaper than a $60 CPU?

The Comptroller General is being tight with the funding- as she should be, so I need to tread lightly :)

I might just need to wait to get the 9450 (which has been authorized) and hope that it'll boot well enough to flash.
 
The Celeron 420 OC's at least 80-100% for $40. I'd say that's a great stop gap for a board that will support a Q9450 if you are looking for uber cheap.

*You don't need more than stock cooling for that either..
 
The Comptroller General is being tight with the funding- as she should be, so I need to tread lightly

For the Machine God?

I say the Celeron 420 (well, the 1200 isn't bad either). You can just take it out and save it for a Shuttle or SFF to put in the kitchen or connect to the home theatre system.
 
Back
Top