[El Chapuzas Informatico][Exclusive] Price of the Ryzen R7 1800X, R7 1700X and R7 1700 Lee más en

SighTurtle

[H]ard|Gawd
Seen on /r/amd, this spanish website offers pricing of Ryzen processors in Europe.

Mentioned are Ryzen 8 cores 16 threads processors:

R7 1800X

R7 1700X

R7 1700

So, I guess I should mention more regarding the article, or even repost, quote or summarize it, but I dunno, it seems kinda not right to repost it without giving a fair chance for website clicks and ad revenue. So click it yourself.

Edit: Oh, and remember could be fake. Like everything else.

If the cheapest 8c/16t Ryzen (R7 1700) truly is 390 EU / 420 USD then that is some insanely competitive pricing if performance rumors are also true.

A 390 EU price is likely going to be something around $379 or less.

A 390 EU price is likely going to be something around $379 or less.
Are you including VAT in this calculation? 390 EU is approximately $417 USD according to today's exchange rate.

EDIT: Just realized these prices include VAT. Insane if true.

Last edited:
4.0 base clock? Guess that Mobo at CES that had "AMD S3.0 Radiator Compatible" printed on it means the top end may be coming with a liquid cooler.

Are you including VAT in this calculation? 390 EU is approximately $417 USD according to today's exchange rate.

EDIT: Just realized these prices include VAT. Insane if true.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure all retail price listings in Europe have to include VAT.

EDIT: But I'm going to remain skeptical until AMD announces the actual pricing.

Hello, in Europe the price is higher. I am writing from Madrid, Spain. I just watched the prices for the i7-6900k in two very popular sites in Spain. The price is 1114 euros in one site and 1185 in another site. I am sure that in USA you can buy this i7-6900k below 1000 dollars.

Hello, in Europe the price is higher. I am writing from Madrid, Spain. I just watched the prices for the i7-6900k in two very popular sites in Spain. The price is 1114 euros in one site and 1185 in another site. I am sure that in USA you can buy this i7-6900k below 1000 dollars.
Not unless you're buying used on the [H]. It's 1049.99 right now

$600 euro for top of the line cpu? Cmon amd you are not getting competitive with intel with these prices. Unless your chip beats top of the line 6950x people will have a hard time justifying a loser cpu.

So, I guess I should mention more regarding the article, or even repost, quote or summarize it, but I dunno, it seems kinda not right to repost it without giving a fair chance for website clicks and ad revenue. So click it yourself.
Not all hero's wear capes(y)

Curiously, now there is no direct reference to Ryzen or Vega in the main page of the AMD site.

Last edited:
Malargy - just marlargy. No official pricing has been released by AMD in their home country. No way Europe is even accurate. Screw this more junk.

Malargy - just marlargy.
I think you mean 'malarkey'... heh

But on-topic...
Personally, I'm torn. I'm itching to get Ryzen, so given that is a certainty with me, I of course want it as cheap as possible. The last time I spent $400+ for a CPU, I believe it was for the original Athlon 550 right when it launched all those years ago (I can't remember if it was the chip that was quoted to me at $400, or the motherboard. I was like 16, so it's long ago, but one was $200 and the other $400). Nevertheless, it was so so worth it!! After being so pleased with it, I later got a 700 TBird (also Slot-A), and I believe from there I went to SMP Athlon XPs (trace modded into MPs, as they were faster heh) with a Tyan Tiger, which they then found a home in a Gigabyte model with the better SMP Northbridge. Happy enough with that, I skipped S754, and jumped on the S939 bandwagon with an A64 3200+, but when the first dual-core came out... how could I resist?! I rocked that A64 X2 3800+ for a looong time. Man that thing was my pride and joy! Air cooled, but I had that thing clocked to the moon lol I actually still have my old forum sig that I made from a WoW screenie I nabbed fighting that dragon...
dragonsig.jpg

God I loved that system... I still have all the parts, but... :( :( RIP 2009 when the circa-2003 Antec 430W PSU that I bought for the AMP rig caused too much ripple from the dried caps and *sniff* killed the X2 3800, that Gigabyte board, and the top model S939 DFI LanParty, since I didn't know any better when stuff didn't power on and started swapping components. The 3200+ is all that survives, as it looks on at its dead stable mates...

ANYways... rambling aside... lol
I'm torn because I will be needing the money for RAM, that swanky MSI Titanium board and whatever is the top model Ryzen chip! Thankfully Vega is a few months later, and my R9 390 will suffice for awhile yet, I think.
I looked at some RAM last night and for a kit of 2x8GB of White-on-Gray colored TridentZs at 3400-3800MHz range run around $150
That MSI Titanium board, if they really are aiming for 'feature parity' with Intel, then the Z170 variant is ~$230
Then of course the Ryzen which is somewhere in the neighborhood of $450.

I mean sure, it's still less than JUST the 6900K is, for all three components, but it's still a lot of coin for three components! :p That also if I can use/adapt any of my current cooling solutions for free/cheap. (I don't know if a bracket for my Thermaltake Water2.0 Pro will be offered... :unsure:)

On the other hand...
If Ryzen kicks as much ass as they're claiming, and they ask $800 for it, that's probably twice what they'd make otherwise, and I want AMD to get back on their feet again. However, as already mentioned, there are going to be those who are skeptical about spending that much on an AMD chip; thus, it wouldn't be a price that sways the market, or rather I should say, causes tons of Intel users to jump ship. It would need to beat the 6900K in every category for that to occur at $800. Now at $600, I could see an "on par with 6900K" chip causing quite the number of people to switch.

Which is why I suspect that, AMD being AMD (I love them, but I am a realist), it won't be parity in every regard and that's why $450 just sounds like the most fitting price to both make them money, while simultaneously growing their user base. After all, "Fine Wine" really doesn't apply to just the graphics cards... If you told anyone in 2004 that S939 would pretty much be around well over a decade later, you'd be thought mad! Yet, here we are! heh If the current Bulldozer chips had a DDR2 controller, and you put the black socket on a an AM2 board, you'd be good to go (save for BIOS issues I mean [lacking microcode], but that's a minor point, comparatively). Point being, those who switch or shell out for a motherboard right now, will be able to use that for multiple upgrades :D

Sorry for the longwinded post, but... I mean... what do you expect from a person who is excited and eagerly waiting to finally build a new system. :)

I think you mean 'malarkey'... heh

Nah I meant Malargy. It sounds better to me. Not Malarky lol. Notice I even spelled it wrong on the second time again.

Just bleh meh and sheesh .... thats how I feel about all this fake news coming out everywhere.

Now in response. I think you are right. AMD should be very careful how they price these chips given their history and people having not second but third reservations aboiut buying AMD again.

What they ought to do is release the 8c in it's second to absolute fastest form for a very affordable price. Let a bunch of them get into the market and generate lots of smiling faces. Then after so many weeks release the absolute top end model and raise the price. This way the reputation has been rebuilt and trust gained.

Then people will pay for the top of the line model. I for one would be happy with the one that is next to top.

Sorry for the longwinded post, but... I mean... what do you expect from a person who is excited and eagerly waiting to finally build a new system. :)

Haha no worries, it's fun going down memory lane.

At least you didn't buy into the 754 socket before the 939 was available.... I did use that Athlon64 3200+ for a good 4 years until my Core 2 Duo E8400 build!

Nah I meant Malargy. It sounds better to me. Not Malarky lol. Notice I even spelled it wrong on the second time again.

Just bleh meh and sheesh .... thats how I feel about all this fake news coming out everywhere.
Hey, I used to spell it "definatly" well into my 20s (I definitely know better now, though :p), so I won't put not knowing any better past anyone! lol

And alas, when you're wading through the swamp, everything smells bad. So it's hard to know if that's just legitimate mud (truth), or actually shit (fake news)... ;)

Now in response. I think you are right. AMD should be very careful how they price these chips given their history and people having not second but third reservations aboiut buying AMD again.

What they ought to do is release the 8c in it's second to absolute fastest form for a very affordable price. Let a bunch of them get into the market and generate lots of smiling faces. Then after so many weeks release the absolute top end model and raise the price. This way the reputation has been rebuilt and trust gained.

Then people will pay for the top of the line model. I for one would be happy with the one that is next to top.

That IS something that does concern me a tiny bit... As AMD had originally said (by AMD, I mean Lisa Su) that there'd be a limited quantity of enthusiast level chips available at the end of 2016. A month or so passes and no update, no retraction, but word starts trickling out it's sometime Q1. Which she had said full release then, and it'd still hold true if the former happened. My worry started to set in that it wasn't going to come true when there wasn't a single motherboard being talked about and it was already December.

Now, my concern is over whether or not that is because the chips weren't doing as well as they wanted, and were worried it would cast a shadow on their sales when everyone found it didn't quite cut the mustard.
Or, is it the other rumor that motherboard's VRMs were insufficient and incapable of keeping the chips clocked high enough, which AMD told 'em all to address that shit and instead of calling attention to the fact they'd not be able to release even a limited supply, they simply didn't talk about it in hopes it was forgotten about. That way they could keep with the Q1'17 w/o batting an eye...

I seriously hope its the latter... I can't handle another Bulldozer fiasco lol I was on that hype train and was really bummed out over the lacking performance that it ended up delivering. That's why I held onto my AM3/FM1 setups... Alas, now it's been another 4ish years... I'm still running this poor underpowered machine. So now rain, shine, or shit-storm... I'M FRIGGEN UPGRADING, DAMMIT! lol At the end of the day at least this time it'll be 8 cores and 16 threads!

Back