EK Waterblock differences

Fritzz

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a 2080 Super on the way and have a few questions about EK waterblocks.

I went through the configurator and it was suggested that I use EK-Vector RTX 2080 RGB - Nickel + Acetal[3831109813157], but I also see on their site EK Vector RTX RE RGB - Nickel + Acetal [3831109815878].

Does anyone know the difference between the two? From the pictures they look exactly the same and the instructions appear to be the same. I have sent them in inquiry, but I don't expect anything back till tomorrow.

Also are all the RGB headers for these 12v? Or do they make a 5v addressable one? I am trying to keep my RGB headers the same(5v digital/addressable) so I can control everything with my Commander Pro.

Thanks!

Just in case someone wants to know. Here's what EK support had to say:

"GPU waterblocks are +12V RGb . Otherwise the products (like monoblocks) would have name D-RGB (5V)

The 3831109815878 is newer design more compatible cards."

So they have upgraded the lighting? That is the differnce? Get the cheaper one. Thx for the info.

So they have upgraded the lighting? That is the differnce? Get the cheaper one. Thx for the info.

Prices appear to be the same, atleast on EK's website.

It's not upgraded lighting, it was just confirmation that all GPU blocks use +12v RBG connections compared to the +5v D-RGB(aka addressable).

The difference is that the 3831109815878 is compatible with more cards than the 3831109813157. I would guess it's just the new iteration.

Back