EK PRedator - 360 rad with option to add blocks

MorgothPl

2[H]4U
Acording to Guru 3D, EK is preparing some AIOs. One is standard 240 one, but built with their parts using different patent than Asetek.

However, the 360 Predator looks good. It will run the DDC Pump, Vardar fans, EK Supremacy blocks, copper core radiator, G 1/4 ports and quick coupling connectors. What's more important, you can add to it your own blocks - so adding GPU will be easy, and they claim, that pump will be able to run two blocks.

Not to breech Asetek patents to pump on block, they will add the pump to radiator though, so it will have extra length. Price and release date is TBA.

SOURCE: http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/ek-working-on-predator-aio-cooler.html

I spoke with Niko at Quakecon, the 240 will be about $200 to compete with the H100i, the 360 one will start about $300. Will be more to add the VGA block.

They put the pump and reservoir with fill ports on the rad, they say that it'll "reduce vibration" on the cpu and of course a cleaner look.
All the wirings are attached to the rad, so no extra wires on the cpu block. Which is a nice thing.
The whole setup looks to be quite solid. They didn't have a working demo installed there as they showcased a custom WC system instead.
Not sure if the quick disconnect coupling is leak proof.

That's what I've been saying watercooling companies should have done for a while now. Sell prefilled systems using QDCs, and sell prefilled GPU blocks with tubing and QDCs already attached. I should have applied for a patent ;)

Koolance's QDCs claim to leak only one drop when disconnected.

This seems like a good starter AIO type setup, but will it be as popular as the H240-X?

This is an epic fail by ek in my book. They should have done a clc ln2 cooler. Lol on a serious note good job by ek

Back