Ek Corrosion Issues

Apparently it has been fix'd but I would return them anyway.

EK seam to hate their customers, why support them when other companies make better blocks for the same price.

Return them and get the aquacomputer block from the same website, it will be better.

Aqua Computer blocks tend to be the best, but most people don't buy them as shipping to the USA is expensive, but as you are in the UK you don't have to worry about that.

Aqua Computer blocks also cool the vRAM better, as they are milled to a higher precision you use thermal paste with them instead of thermal pads like with EK, and thermal paste has better heat transfer.

+1 for Aquacomputer. Great brand, really HQ products. I've been rocking their GPU blocks since the 480's (So 2x 480 blocks, 1 680 block) and have had no issues with them. I'd recommend them over EK anyday.

Shame Swiftech didn't make any full cover Komodo blocks for the 290(x). I really like the full cover and the pre-applied pads made my first install experience much less anxiety filled.

If I liked the open look I would probably go Aqua

hmm I was just about to return my Aquacomputer(clear copper one) block and go for EK for a more silver/black theme for my loop. Now I'm not so sure, I might just go with the nickle smoked acrylic with the active backplate or wait for the bitspower.
900x900px-LL-9e68435c_BP-WBVGAR9290XNPACBK--1024X768-3.jpeg

900x900px-LL-51071a52_BP-WBVGAR9290XNPAC--1024X768-1.jpeg

I'm running the EK block, Paste is better than pads used on the EK block, but either is sufficient for cooling the memory. Pads mean the tolerances can be greater between variations.

Aquacomptuer with the active cooling backplate works the best I have read about. But costs around 50% more than the EK block + backplate.

Stop making me want to go water! That black Bitspower full cover block looks unbelievable.

Their corrosion issues were fixed a long, long time ago. Some people on this forum just seem to have a grudge against them and repeat the same ol' stuff like sheep.

Aesthetically, bitspower has probably the best looking blocks (heatkillers are pretty awesome too). I run ek nickel/plexi blocks on my r9 290x and r9 290, without issues and great temps (liquid ultra on both, with fujipoly extreme pads on memory and vrm's).

Their corrosion issues were fixed a long, long time ago. Some people on this forum just seem to have a grudge against them and repeat the same ol' stuff like sheep.

Aesthetically, bitspower has probably the best looking blocks (heatkillers are pretty awesome too). I run ek nickel/plexi blocks on my r9 290x and r9 290, without issues and great temps (liquid ultra on both, with fujipoly extreme pads on memory and vrm's).

One year is a long, long time ago? Please.........................

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1740358

People have a grudge because the company treats customers like shit every time there is a problem.

I think it was the deionized water that did it, or at least contributed. Deionized water is significantly worse than distilled from what I've read.

There really shouldn't be a difference between distilled and DI for water cooling purposes. Just a few ppm difference of random ions...

I use XSPC stuff and I've never had any issues. I noticed no one ever mentions them.

Man those Bitspower blocks are gorgeous.

I've been a long time EK user and have yet to see any corrosion with my blocks. I almost always get the nickel/acetal combination.

Back