EK Chipset waterblock

seniorpaul

Limp Gawd
I got a EK chipset waterblock a few weeks ago, but only tonight had a chance to install it. It's on the rig in my signature. I'm waiting for my digicam's batteries to charge, so i'll add some pictures tomorrow. I have a kinda goofy setup right now because in the next couple of weeks i'm going to have dual loops running, but my current loop is D5 Pump > Maze4 lowpro GPU1 > EK Chipset block > Maze4 LowPro GPU2 > Storm CPU > Swiftech 120.2 Rad with YateLoon 120mm fans > Res > Pump.

PHP:
Temps with EK chipset block, two Maze4 GPU blocks, and Storm CPU block
--------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Idle            30min Full load(dual instances of Prime95)
Motherboard:          39c                        56c
CPU:                  28c                        32c
Northbridge:          34c                        40c
GPU1:                 31c                        33c
GPU2:                 33c                        35c

Here are my before temps, but it's not really fair to use them for comparison. At the same time as the addition of the EK block, i also added the second Maze4 GPU block, switched to the Yate Loon fans from some cheapo's i had, AND my case is now sitting open and is somewhat stripped.

PHP:
Before Temps: Storm, one Maze4 GPU
--------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Idle            30min Full load(dual instances of Prime95)
Motherboard:          44c                        58c
CPU:                  29c                        33c
Northbridge:          41c                        44c
GPU:                  33c                        36c

My main reason for wanting to add a chipset waterblock was to help quite down my computer, and honestly, it's a little bit weird powering up and not hearing the whinning sound of the fan starting up. Anyway, I'll add some pictures tomorrow.

i'm using 7/16 tubing. Heres a couple of pictures. The twist ties are there because the plastic clamps i had wouldn't fit, as the two barbs on the EK block were too close together. When i switch over to dual loops, i'll be using metal worm clamps.

...and they said it couldn't be done. That looks very nice, how are you liking having the chipset watercooled?

Erasmus354 said:
...and they said it couldn't be done. That looks very nice, how are you liking having the chipset watercooled?

I really don't know if there is any performance gain to be had here, but my computer is getting pretty dang close to being silent, which was what i was going for. I hated the original DFI fan, as it was far to loud for me. I replaced it with the Evercool fan, which certainly was an upgrade (and honestly was pretty quiet), but i came across someone who had this block for sale on another forum and decieded to give it a shot.

seniorpaul said:
I really don't know if there is any performance gain to be had here, but my computer is getting pretty dang close to being silent, which was what i was going for. I hated the original DFI fan, as it was far to loud for me. I replaced it with the Evercool fan, which certainly was an upgrade (and honestly was pretty quiet), but i came across someone who had this block for sale on another forum and decieded to give it a shot.

this is exactly the same position im in. switched and switched and now im fed up. no more fans for my NB. only i cant find a nb block used to get... and even if i did the chances are slim i can find this one, so i figured i would might as well get the AC block for our mobo OR the mips (i like the mips stuff. very clean).

anyhoo in the meantime im gettin that new nb cooler with the heatpipe on it and shizz... see if i can run that baby passive with good case airflow

Back