Eject (safely remove) drive from Windows [SAS2008][LSI9210][Windows10]

wsun013

n00b
Hello,

Not sure if this is a right place to ask a Windows question here... trying to forums that matches the topic...

I have purchased a LSI 9210 card from EBay, flash it to IT mode with P19 firmware. I use it as a JBOD/HBA fashion of 4 SATA drives in windows 10, no software raid.

So the question is, for native SATA drives, I can set the ports in windows to be hot-plugged, so that I can do a "Eject (safely remove)" for these drivers.

In device manager, if I right click on those drives, there is a "Removal policy" under the "policy" tab, but not for the drives connected to the HBA.

Some ideas?

I don't know exactly how to do what you're asking, but I have some alternatives.

Firstly, if you can - and I am not sure here - install MegaRAID Storage Manager. Normally this would be for controlling / viewing your RAID array, but this utility gives direct control over the behavior of the LSI card. My LSI card is in RAID mode, but it allows me to mark individual drives as offline if I please, and I would assume that functionality would still exist even if the card was in IT mode. I could very well be wrong here, as I've never used one of the cards in IT mode.

Secondly, at a minimum you can offline disks from within Disk Manager in Windows. This isn't quite an eject, but it at least ensures that there is no active disk activity while you pull the drive.

Back