Eizos - Usage time in menu -- accurate?

Namelessme

[H]ard|Gawd
I bought a used 19" Eizo S1921 from eBay this week, to use as a cheap spare/secondary monitor. It arrived today, and I just now checked hours used (in menu, under information) and it states 10 hrs.

Is this possible? The screen is in nice condition, but the monitor was rather dusty, so perhaps it was sitting in a warehouse or something.

Just wondering if that number could be fiddled with, or if a refurb, and was reset somehow. I find it difficult to believe a 4+ year old monitor just has 10 hrs on it.

It came from a reseller (or company, I should say), so perhaps it was off-lease, or something similar. Strangely the reseller sent me the incorrect model (I ordered the newer 1921-X). My thinking was it'd be 2010 or later, due to the fact that model wasn't even made until 2010. I inquired about that fact and they said it was a mistake and refunded my money, so... free monitor. Not quite what I ordered, but for free, not bad.

Just wondering if it could in fact be close to unused.

Yeah, I figured it could be altered, just unsure how likely it was changed or what's involved. The thing is, the reseller made no claims of hours used, or ever provided that info to me (said they had no idea), so if a reseller was being shady and reset it, one would think they'd use that info to benefit themselves.

I also contacted Eizo earlier today, who already responded in my inbox I see, and they said the end user can't change it, but if recertified, it can be reset in the factory. They are willing to do a past history lookup on it for me based on the serial number (and I didn't even have to ask for them to do it).

I feel really spoiled by Eizo and NEC customer service, the few times I've contacted them. If I ever get an off brand monitor and need service, I think I'll find it lacking in comparison.

Back