Eizo & Samsung, what have they done?

vick1000

2[H]4U
No IPS glow from a PLS panel !!!!!!, very low black point, .012 cd/m2, no uniformity issues, no lag issues, above average pixel response, logical pricing. But seriously, NO IPS GLOW!!!! I wonder if they brought back an iteration of the ATW Polarizer?

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/eizo_ev2736w.htm

P1060637.JPG

Last edited:
some korean pls monitors are said to have no ips glow either
strange thing indeed

I have a Qnix with no IPS glow. It has a little bit of bleed.
Capture_zps592cd084.png~original

Of course no one wants it. But there it is. It's on eBay. Am I allowed to say that? Sorry.

That sounds great. IPS glow on my 27" Crossover is terrible. It seems as bad to me as TN viewing angles.

That sounds great. IPS glow on my 27" Crossover is terrible. It seems as bad to me as TN viewing angles.

I really really like the Plasma Deposition Coating Displays. I'm gonna guess you are talking about a crossover 27QW. They aren't all like that. Someone I know recently bought a 27QW Ultimate perfect pixel and it showed up with almost no glow/bleed, which is hard to do with the glass panel in front. Some the AH-IPS monitors I've seen like the Danger Den Ultra/Zevroid that are clones of this design have the worst IPS glow/bleed I've ever seen--it's probably more bleed than anything because no matter how far back you stand it's there. Makes a neat little pinched "v" right in all 4 corners where the panel is actually being squeezed so tight it's "folding".

What's nice about pDC? Super clarity. You can see through "clouds" and things in games that other displays tend to make much more hazy. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Last edited:
It's a glossy 27 QLED-P (Apple Cinema display basically). It is not bleed and is highly annoying.

That doesn't mean anything other than that TFT's review model was cherry picked or they hit the panel lottery.

That doesn't mean anything other than that TFT's review model was cherry picked or they hit the panel lottery.

the absence or presence of IPS-glow doesn't seem to vary much from one sample to another, it's not like backlight bleed. They're not the only ones to have noticed this on the EV2736W either

Too bad it can't be bought from any decent Etailers in the UK.
I suspect RMA's to PCBuyIt are a nightmare.

Nevermind, I thought the OP meant backlight bleeding...

Hi guys, I thought I'd make an account quickly to share my recent experience with this monitor.

I follow this forum regularly and bought 3 from the retailer mentioned in the review (Grey ones for a very cheap price!) based on NCX's reccomendations. There is no visible IPS glow at all. I have a VP2770 which also uses a Samsung panel and the glow is awful. All 3 have the same manufacturing date of 03/12/2012 so it is not new technology. I do not know why others haven't adopted it, but I can only hope they do soon.

HOWEVER! Each one has *terrible* back light bleed, dust behind the panel, dead pixels, one has a small but deep gouge on the screen and another has a severe uniformity problem where the righthand 1/5 looks as if the brightness is set 30% higher. I'm going through the RMA process now but its painful and an utter minefield compared to Amazon. I think I have possibly the worst luck when it comes to monitors so don't take this wrongly and be put off.. you might get one like TFT Centrals! :(

http://imgur.com/a/LUNff - This album contains some of my photos of some of the issues my camera would focus on. It can't pick up the dust but it looks like a blurry dead pixel casting a shadow from behind.

yeah eizo QC sucks. The ev2736 doesn't have glow usually but it can, and it can have other stuff... like that.

HOWEVER! Each one has *terrible* back light bleed, dust behind the panel, dead pixels, one has a small but deep gouge on the screen and another has a severe uniformity problem where the righthand 1/5 looks as if the brightness is set 30% higher. I'm going through the RMA process now but its painful and an utter minefield compared to Amazon. I think I have possibly the worst luck when it comes to monitors so don't take this wrongly and be put off.. you might get one like TFT Centrals! :(

What about the black ones? Maybe they cost much more for a reason?

It crossed my mind but I don't see why the grey one would have different internals. I think the price difference is for stock clearance - black one being a lot more popular.

At a loss of what to buy next :confused::confused:

Get an AOC Q2770 and see if spending half as much for a good display without the dust and crap in the coating feels nice. Q2770 has low glow.

Hi guys, I thought I'd make an account quickly to share my recent experience with this monitor.

I follow this forum regularly and bought 3 from the retailer mentioned in the review (Grey ones for a very cheap price!) based on NCX's reccomendations. There is no visible IPS glow at all. I have a VP2770 which also uses a Samsung panel and the glow is awful. All 3 have the same manufacturing date of 03/12/2012 so it is not new technology. I do not know why others haven't adopted it, but I can only hope they do soon.

http://imgur.com/a/LUNff - This album contains some of my photos of some of the issues my camera would focus on. It can't pick up the dust but it looks like a blurry dead pixel casting a shadow from behind.

Damn i was thinking of buying this monitor. :(

Back