• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Eizo EV2736W calibration result

seiyafan

Weaksauce
Joined
Nov 12, 2013
Messages
111
Everything is fine except one color has a whopping 8.4 dE!

Capture.png


My monitor setting:
Brightness: 30
Contrast: 50
Temp: 6500
Gamma: 2.2

Should I play with the i1 Display Pro setting to get a better result? Or is this monitor an outlier?
 
I always have had one patch be elevated no matter how many times I calibrated but I never had a "Fail" as your photo indicates.

1. Try these settings and run again, see if it makes a difference.
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1795792&highlight=luminance+120

2. Also, when you setup your run look along the bottom of your calibration screen where the 5 Display Profiling Workflow icons are placed. Click on the icon labled "Measurement" and remove the check mark from within the "Automatic Display Control (ADC)" box. Doing so will require you to manually move the RGB sliders up and down when you reach that area in the calibration process. This may enable you to get a tighter color calibration.
3. And for all it is worth, when I am calibrating I do not turn on or off any lighting in or near the room containing my display.
 
Last edited:
Today I tried to calibrate using a different software: basICColor display 5, hardware is still the i1Display Pro, I played with the settings a bit and used different response curves (L*, 2.2 and sRGB) the results were as follows:

L*
gamma_L.png


2.2
image.png


sRBG
SRGB.png


Every result looked amazing, completely different from i1Profiler :eek:

So now the question becomes, which of the three should I use? :D
 
Those Delta E's are stunning, congratulations! Which one should you use for you your ICC? Roll the dice?

Just curious, I wonder why you went for a luminance of 100 cd/m2 instead of 120 cd/m2, and your calibration achieved 95 cd/m2 ?
You did turn off Eco View, didn't you?
 
Last edited:
Today I tried to calibrate using a different software: basICColor display 5, hardware is still the i1Display Pro

Am I glad you told me that.

The X-rite i1Display Pro coloromiter garnered a raving review from Gamut Prints saying, "The i1Display Pro hardware is phenomenal". But they panned the software that comes with it:

So what’s wrong with the software? Put simply, it comes down to results. I’ve found the i1Profiler software that ships with the i1Display Pro to deliver inferior results when it comes to rendering neutral profiles, as well as measuring white points from other monitors (when profiling the 2nd monitor in a dual monitor setup it is necessary to measure the color temperature of the 1st monitor in order to obtain the closest match possible) and hitting those white point targets accurately. "

I too had the same two color patches flagged as you , my errant one was 7.2 which, like your reaction, took me by surprise. Now that I learned it was the software I will have to consider an alternative software such as the basICColor display 5 that you have used.
 
Last edited:
Just curious, I wonder why you went for a luminance of 100 cd/m2 instead of 120 cd/m2, and your calibration achieved 95 cd/m2 ?
You did turn off Eco View, didn't you?

Well, I didn't bother to up the brightness to 100 from 95 because it's already bright enough for me. 120 would be a bit too much for my eyes.
 
Back
Top