• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Eizo EV2336WFS or something else ?

wedz

n00b
Joined
May 21, 2013
Messages
4
Hi,

Been lurking around the forum for years, always kind of cyclically when updating new hardware, and now finally registered :cool:

I've been thinking of replacing my very old monitor setup of 2 Dell's (2407WFP & 2007WFP) to something more modern, and Eizo's EV2336WFS is currently in the top of my list. The size I'm thinking is around 23-24" range.

I really like the idea of non-PWM monitor (though I don't particularly have any headaches or anything with current setup), since I spend a lot of time in front of these things - might as well it easy on the eyes. This dropped the NEC 244WMi from the race (though for a while there, I was considering to get this one).

I also don't want heavy AG coating, so this removes some of the options from the table as well.

My work is mostly general computing, as in programming, reading datasheets, some office use and stuff like that, with occasional gaming.
I put "no real value" on the response time of the panels (to put it in perspective, my current 6 years old displays are not really bothering me on occasional gaming sessions).

I can be convinced to spend more, if there is some real advantage in that, nor am I tied to Eizo as a brand. In my market 2336 is priced very competitively (around 290USD).

Thanks for any suggestions!
 
You can get the 2336 for a decent price there.

I do wonder if you'd be better off with 16:10 though, as vertical space should be much more valuable to you than horizontal, for office work/programming/text stuff.

Afraid there are no decent PWM-free 16:10s that I know of, however. I guess if by some miracle you were the one person in the world to get a Samsung 24" PLS without bleed, it'd be a good option.
 
BL2411PT could be a "decent" PWM-free 16:10 option. If it was available somewhere. Sheesh, BenQ.

Edit: My bad. It IS available. oooh.. what a shiny buying button...
 
You can get the 2336 for a decent price there.

I do wonder if you'd be better off with 16:10 though, as vertical space should be much more valuable to you than horizontal, for office work/programming/text stuff.

Afraid there are no decent PWM-free 16:10s that I know of, however. I guess if by some miracle you were the one person in the world to get a Samsung 24" PLS without bleed, it'd be a good option.

That's a good suggestion. 1900x1200 would be better.
I should have written that I want to buy 2 monitors, so I guess I should be really really lucky to get 2 Samsungs with good backlight ;)

Eizos EV2436 is in that resolution practically without PWM (over 20% brightness), but with heavy coating :/
 
Has anyone verified what type of coating the BL2411PT has? I heard someone say it has a heavy coating, but I think that person was just guessing.

And yep, Eizo 2436 has the heavy coating... which is a shame. And the NEC has a light coating, but has PWM. I guess it would be too easy for customers to have a light coating + PWM free at the same time.
 
BL2411PT is indeed interesting - though doesn't seem to be available yet here :/
Are there some good reviews on this yet somewhere ?
 
Back
Top