Eizo EV2335W or FS2331

elodman

n00b
Joined
Mar 14, 2012
Messages
26
Greetings.

The above mentioned 2 Eizo monitors have a mild price difference, but gamewise , according to Prad.de tests, the EV2335W seems to be much more suitable - although the FS series is the so called gamer one....

EV review summary:http://www.prad.de/new/monitore/test/2012/test-eizo-ev2335w-gb-teil14.html

FS review summary:http://www.prad.de/new/monitore/test/2010/test-eizo-fs2331-bk.html

Also hard to find any reviews on EV2335W, as it is quite new, and Prad.de reviews are sometimes faulty - as I heard.

Could you give some info on these 2 monitors gamewise performance, or should I trust Prad.de reviews?

(I would not need a very fast game monitor, perhaps the FS would be sufficient.)

Thanx. bye.
 
FS2331 will have triple the contrast ratio but also gamma shift and dark trailing. I use the EV2333W which uses the same panel but with different electronics. The FS2332/EV2335W will be faster and free of gamma shift. The 2335 also lacks the 10-bit LUT found in the EV2333W and FS series. I haven't used the FS but the EV2333W gradation out of the box is very convincing. You would have to switch to Eizo SX or NEC P/PA to do better.
 
Last edited:
Thanx for fine info!

Don't you think (these) Eizo monitors are overhyped / overpriced?

I heard good news about NEC PA231W, but for a signifficantly (20-40%) higher price.
Would it's features / quality worth the extra cash? Or is it really rather for photo-editing professionals?

I mean, I am trying to find the good value, game-capable middle-category 23",1080p TFT, which is better than mainstream Dell, LG, Asus.
But I need a long TFT life-expectancy, good game speed, good colors... so would buy for 5 or more years..

Thanx!
 
Don't you think (these) Eizo monitors are overhyped / overpriced?

It depends on the regional pricing.

I heard good news about NEC PA231W, but for a signifficantly (20-40%) higher price.
Would it's features / quality worth the extra cash? Or is it really rather for photo-editing professionals?
Both should perform well. The PA231W will of course be stricter in terms of gamut control and hardware calibration but I don't think this is necessary for games. PA series technology is probably better suited to higher resolution panels than 1920*1080.

I mean, I am trying to find the good value, game-capable middle-category 23",1080p TFT, which is better than mainstream Dell, LG, Asus.
But I need a long TFT life-expectancy, good game speed, good colors... so would buy for 5 or more years..

The latest 23" models are very efficient and thus are less likely to be susceptible to operating faults than predecessors. My 2209WA has developed a thermal mura defect over the summers even at 0 brightness because of its higher power consumption I believe. The U2311 bands on gradients and has very poor uniformity. The latest LED versions seem to be better in this regard.
 
Don't you think (these) Eizo monitors are overhyped / overpriced?
The mentioned EV/ FS models are a nice choice in the midrange area. Their strong point is a good out of the box condition with neutral grey balance and well-defined gradation.

Could you give some info on these 2 monitors gamewise performance
Both models are very different – just like Whoisthisreally already mentioned. It is also true that you would have to switch to Eizo SX or NEC P(A) models to get a noticeable improvement. If the color gamut and screen size is sufficient for you EV or FS displays will fit your needs. The newer PLS screens (EV2335, FS2332) have a more stable viewing angle and are faster. Unfortunately only the FS2332 uses a 10bit LUT like both C-PVA screens (EV2333, FS2331).

Also hard to find any reviews on EV2335W, as it is quite new, and Prad.de reviews are sometimes faulty - as I heard.
Can you explain this more precisely? For the colorimetric workflow and the response time measurements I can assure that there is no flaw.

Best regards

Denis
 
Last edited:
Can you explain this more precisely? For the colorimetric workflow and the response time measurements I can assure that there is no flaw.
Best regards
Denis

Greetings Denis.

Thanx for your detailed response, and confirmation, that those reviews are correct.

Prad.de and Tftcentral are the most acknowledged reviewers according to my knowledge, but I read somewhere on Hardforum, that it happens to Prad.de that in their tests they sometimes err. Hope it is just a false rumor.

Bye.
 
Back
Top