Eizo EV2333W

setekh

Limp Gawd
I'm curious about this model. I've looked everywhere for info, but I can't see any reviews and haven't come across any owners (happy or otherwise) in the message boards I follow.

What's the general impression on these monitors? How do they compare to the closer competitors - as the NEC EA231WMi? I reckon the PVA panel that Eizo insists on using is a handicap when comparing to the NEC's IPS. However, the NEC (and pretty much any other monitor in that kind of price range) does appear to suffer from uniformity issues. Any idea if the price premium for the Eizo would warrant no such problems?

Well, this PVA monitor appears to have the same 3000:1 CR, resolution and dimensions as the Samsung F2380, which was thoroughly potted by Prad for its Black Crush, causing it to "swallow the ten darkest colour and grey gradients".

That's a kick in the nuts. I thought only good things about the Samsung (for the price range) before I came across the black crush issue.

Still, I'd really like to hear an owners opinion about it. Might not be exactly the same panel (I can't even find conclusive info regarding the cPVA panel the F2380 uses).

That's a kick in the nuts. I thought only good things about the Samsung (for the price range) before I came across the black crush issue.

Still, I'd really like to hear an owners opinion about it. Might not be exactly the same panel (I can't even find conclusive info regarding the cPVA panel the F2380 uses).

Google gives conclusive info right away.

If Eizo manages to minimize F2380 problems and add some features - that will be a nice (for PVA) small monitor. Most likely overpriced, as usual.

Google gives conclusive info right away.

If Eizo manages to minimize F2380 problems and add some features - that will be a nice (for PVA) small monitor. Most likely overpriced, as usual.

Google gives conclusive info right away about the Samsung. That's not in question here.

If by overpriced you mean a screen with good backlight uniformity, no color tint and the rest of the stuff Eizo's famous for, then I'm ok with that. I'd gladly pay for such a screen.

Still, no real info. Only speculation.

Google gives conclusive info right away about the Samsung. That's not in question here.

If by overpriced you mean a screen with good backlight uniformity, no color tint and the rest of the stuff Eizo's famous for, then I'm ok with that. I'd gladly pay for such a screen.

Still, no real info. Only speculation.

By overpriced I mean that other brands may offer same or better value for much less money.
Only speculations so far because the model has just been released.

I've just purchased an EV2333W. Hopefully, if there are no build issues when I receive it, I would like to give an account of it in comparison to my 2209WA. I would like to report on areas which need further examination, such as viewing angle traits, factory gradation on test images, response time and subjective impressions. I do not have a colorimeter, but hopefully I will have good video and photo results to share.

I've just purchased an EV2333W.

Can you, or anyone else who got one (or a similar Eizo), share with us how you experience the AG coating?

According to the manual PDF it has "Anti-Glare Hard Coating" (says the same thing in the FS2331 manual).

an account of it in comparison to my 2209WA.

I had the 2209WA and I consider its AG coating to be very aggressive. It was difficult to focus on the image, my eyes were just wandering around because of all the "dirt"...

So how does the AG on the Eizo compare? Is it about the same, or stronger, or weaker?

I guess people's opinion on AG and how tolerant (or used to) they are to it vary though. Myself I have only used CRTs (which were all clear of course) and some TN panels that were clear/glossy non-AG. The 2209WA was the first display I got that had it... I was like "WTH... ugh..." (altho I had read about AG before buying it) and couldn't stand it, which was kinda 35% of the reasons I had to return it.

Can you, or anyone else who got one (or a similar Eizo), share with us how you experience the AG coating?

According to the manual PDF it has "Anti-Glare Hard Coating" (says the same thing in the FS2331 manual).

I had the 2209WA and I consider its AG coating to be very aggressive. It was difficult to focus on the image, my eyes were just wandering around because of all the "dirt"...

So how does the AG on the Eizo compare? Is it about the same, or stronger, or weaker?

I guess people's opinion on AG and how tolerant (or used to) they are to it vary though. Myself I have only used CRTs (which were all clear of course) and some TN panels that were clear/glossy non-AG. The 2209WA was the first display I got that had it... I was like "WTH... ugh..." (altho I had read about AG before buying it) and couldn't stand it, which was kinda 35% of the reasons I had to return it.

The EV23 has a much lighter coating than the 2209WA and the U2311. This means reflections are slightly sharper, but there is also much less sparkle. This isn't my concern at the moment. The PVA panel, even though Eizo's implementation is perfect, has serious gamma shift issues causing my eyes to see two different images. This is a major problem, and the 2209WA is much easier to look at. I'm considering (though it may be a fight) returning it within the next few days. I'd keep it for movies, but at the distance required to mitigate the stereo gamma shift, the 23" format is too small to be adequate. At this point I don't feel compelled to do any photos or video, because any would deceive on the issue of this stereoptic discongruity.

Last edited:
Back