Eight Of The Greatest WTF Moments Of E3 2016

HardOCP News

[H] News
The number one spot on this list of the 8 Greatest WTF Moments Of E3 2016, features AMD's CEO holding up two video cards for an abnormally long time. Not only is this the first "moment" on the list, it's also the one that made me laugh the most. Don't ask me why, it just did. :D

AMD’s CEO holds two graphics cards in the air for an uncomfortably long period of time. This one came our way courtesy of PC Gamer’s PC Gaming Show, in which Lisa Su, CEO of AMD, took the perfectly innocent idea of a graphics card comparison to rather-too-literal extremes.

This AMD trashing is getting annoying at this point.

To me the biggest WTF was the idiot from microcrap, stating that "Scorpio will feature “the highest quality pixels that anybody has seen”

Im excited for all the new tech. AMD I just hopes can pull it off. However that pic looks awesome for meme.

This AMD trashing is getting annoying at this point.

To me the biggest WTF was the idiot from microcrap, stating that "Scorpio will feature “the highest quality pixels that anybody has seen”

The 'Microcrap/Microshaft/Micro$oft" trashing was annoying 15 years ago. :D :D :D :D

I only clicked the link to see if he would trash AMD. He didn't disappoint.

Last edited:
And you can count on someone always coming to their defense with the same argument.

I'm fine with the talking trash. But, defending one while talking trash about another? That was pretty much against the first sentence that was written.

Microsoft has their issues, no doubt. You just can't say "Don't call my favorite company names, your company are doo doo heads."... Well, I guess you can.

Man, that screaming lady from the Bethesda segment. My ears were bleeding.

I'm honestly surprised that Steve didn't title his previous article as:

E3 Live Completely Disappoints Fans - It's all AMD's fault

I mean, everything else is AMD's fault according to [H]. Why should E3 be any different?
AMD did do something right by not inviting [H] to the 480 announcement. Shows the integrity of this site with all the QQ'ing that's going on.
Another day, another AMD bashing without any real reason... so much "tech" on this site latelly.
3 more clueless individuals to add to the list.
Did any of you knuckleheads even read the article that was linked? It bashed everyone, including AMD.

Yes, we know AMD screwed you with the nano relase. How many months ago was that? Get over it already. Please, before hardocp becomes hardtabloid.

I get being coy in a trailer, but what the hell was Kojima thinking? That was just a jumble of nonsensical images. I know, he just needs to use high quality pixels and it will all make sense!

3 more clueless individuals to add to the list.
Did any of you knuckleheads even read the article that was linked? It bashed everyone, including AMD.
Have you even read the opening post of this thread? It bashes amd only, noone else. And if putting amd on the No1 spot in a bashing list for taking a moment too long is not proof enough of bias, then I don't know what would be for you.

Have you even read the opening post of this thread? It bashes amd only, noone else. And if putting amd on the No1 spot in a bashing list for taking a moment too long is not proof enough of bias, then I don't know what would be for you.

Steve didn't put AMD at the top of the list, Kotaku did. Proof you didn't read the article or what Steve posted. You honed in on AMD and let the blinders not see the bigger picture.

Steve said:
AMD's CEO holding up two video cards for an abnormally long time. Not only is this the first "moment" on the list, it's also the one that made me laugh the most.
In that sentence, I see no critique about AMD, the product, or the performance of said product. Do you? I see a critique on Lisa Su, CEO of AMD.

Besides, Steve laughed at the fact that Lisa Su was holding up graphics cards in the air for an abnormal amount of time. One of the same critiques Kotaku had. It wasn't even a critique against the whole company or even their product they were presenting. FFS, it was aimed at Lisa Su.

You need some roid creme for all that butthurt you got. It just might clear up your own bias thinking everyone is out to bash your choice of company.

Last edited:
AMD's snafu wasn't the biggest WTF moment to me. FIFA 17's presentation was a major "What were they thinking?" event. Felt and looked rush with very little rehearsal.

Steve didn't put AMD at the top of the list, Kotaku did. Proof you didn't read the article or what Steve posted. You honed in on AMD and let the blinders not see the bigger picture.

I see no critique about AMD, the product, or the performance of said product. Do you? I see a critique on Lisa Su, CEO of AMD.

Besides, Steve laughed at the fact that Lisa Su was holding up graphics cards in the air for an abnormal amount of time. One of the same critiques Kotaku had. It wasn't even a critique against the whole company or even their product they were presenting. FFS, it was aimed at Lisa Su.

You need some roid creme for all that butthurt you got. It just might clear up your own bias thinking everyone is out to bash your choice of company.

You're the one playing social justice warrior on behalf of [H] I'm not butthurt, just slightly annoyed that wherever i turn I see AMD bashing on a site I tought to be unbiased until now. My choice company? WTF are you even on? Yes AMD is my choice company, that's why all of my desktop computers have Intel processors and Nvidia GPUs.

I'm fine with the talking trash. But, defending one while talking trash about another? That was pretty much against the first sentence that was written.

Microsoft has their issues, no doubt. You just can't say "Don't call my favorite company names, your company are doo doo heads."... Well, I guess you can.

AMD is far from my favorite company and I never called them such.

I can care less about any of them, since no company care for individuals.

But microcrap, yes, they are on another level of abuse and I really dislike them and that is my problem, not yours, so i fail to see why you need to address what I say or think about them.

Lisa Su holding up two new products for about 40 seconds with a brief introduction of what segment these products are coming is a WTF moment now. Intriguing...

What would you call JHH holding up a GTX 1080 for about 3 minutes straight in the same stance and then waving it around for another 2?

You're the one playing social justice warrior on behalf of [H] I'm not butthurt, just slightly annoyed that wherever i turn I see AMD bashing on a site I tought to be unbiased until now. My choice company? WTF are you even on? Yes AMD is my choice company, that's why all of my desktop computers have Intel processors and Nvidia GPUs.
You still haven't answered my question. Where in Steve's post did Steve critique AMD, the products AMD presented, or the performance of the products they presented? Can you point out anywhere in his post that is showing bias? You can't claim because it was the first thing on the list, because Steve didn't make the list.
I will post his quote again.
Steve said:
AMD's CEO holding up two video cards for an abnormally long time. Not only is this the first "moment" on the list, it's also the one that made me laugh the most.

Oh right... That's because he didn't mention it at all. You are seeing what you want to see. Claiming I didn't read the article when your "annoyance" muddied your vision in the first place.

I'm not playing SJW for the [H]. I'm pointing out how you and others are completely fabricating bullshit. Say what you want about the other articles here, but this one has zero connection to them. Might I remind you that Kyle wrote those articles, not Steve. Steve runs the news section and simply forwards news from everywhere else. Take off the blinders and re-read everything. For the second time, the critique was against Lisa Su, not AMD, not the product they presented, and not the performance of said product.

Your feeling of annoyance is your own fabrication.

Lisa Su holding up two new products for about 40 seconds with a brief introduction of what segment these products are coming is a WTF moment now. Intriguing...

What would you call JHH holding up a GTX 1080 for about 3 minutes straight in the same stance and then waving it around for another 2?
Another equally hilarious moment that deserves just as much attention and would have been covered by this Kotaku article had he done it at E3. I wonder if Kotaku went to the 1080 launch event a few weeks ago? Jen-Hsun Huang is one goofy character.

Last edited:
Another equally hilarious moment that deserves just as much attention and would have been covered by this article had he done it at E3. I wonder if Kotaku went to the 1080 launch event a few weeks ago?

Well... that didn't make front page news on the [H] or on Kotaku now did it? :\

I didn't find said JHH bit on the keynote "funny" or "WTF" since there is no better way to show a new product in all its physical glory on stage. So how does a short product announcement / brief of 40 seconds (since it was a gaming event with games in focus) become a WTF moment #1, since it had about zero WTF content about it. Cards were shown with product positioning info complete with coherent sentences. Boggles the mind really...

Well... that didn't make front page news on the [H] or on Kotaku now did it? :\

I didn't find said JHH bit on the keynote "funny" or "WTF" since there is no better way to show a new product in all its physical glory on stage. So how does a short product announcement / brief of 40 seconds (since it was a gaming event with games in focus) become a WTF moment #1, since it had about zero WTF content about it. Cards were shown with product positioning info complete with coherent sentence. Boggles the mind really...

It didn't make front page news on [H] because the front page news of [H] is re-post of everyone else's news. If it showed up as a popular trendy topic, Steve would have likely posted it.

And I agree, Lisa Su holding graphic's cards for 40 seconds barely registers on the funny scale compared to some other people's stage presence. I will admit though, the first thought that crossed my mind when she started shaking that graphics card at face level was that there was about to be some bukkake. That's just me and my pervy mind. :D

Holy WTF on that poem for FIFA and the audience screamer for Bethesda. Those were terrible.

Last edited:
It didn't make front page news on [H] because the front page news of [H] is re-post of everyone else's news. If it showed up as a popular trendy topic, Steve would have likely posted it.

And I agree, Lisa Su holding graphic's cards for 40 seconds barely registers on the funny scale compared to some other people's stage presence. I will admit though, the first thought that crossed my mind when she started shaking that graphics card at face level was that there was about to be some bukkake. That's just me and my pervy mind. :D

Holy WTF on that poem for FIFA and the audience screamer for Bethesda. Those were terrible.

Yeah Bethesda event was... insteresting. We had some fellow Hungarian Youtubers in the audience and they said were seated next to one these payed "screamers", a girl who went "Weeeee!!!! Woooo!!!!" through the entire event oh the joy that must have been...

Yeah Bethesda event was... insteresting. We had some fellow Hungarian Youtubers in the audience and they said were seated next to one these payed "screamers", a girl who went "Weeeee!!!! Woooo!!!!" through the entire event oh the joy that must have been...
If I had sat next to them I would probably force fed them a few dollars to get them to shut up. :p

The whole "focused on e-sports" makes zero sense. It makes ZERO sense. Esport players want it to look nice also. When they are streaming or showing matches, do you really want it to be running with minimal eye candy?

*grumbles*

The whole "focused on e-sports" makes zero sense. It makes ZERO sense. Esport players want it to look nice also. When they are streaming or showing matches, do you really want it to be running with minimal eye candy?

*grumbles*

I never heard anyone complain when Nvidia did the same thing for the GTX 950.

Nvidia GTX 950 launches for $160 | PC Gamer

Nvidia’s aiming the 950 at the MOBA crowd, championing it as a great graphics card for League of Legends and Dota 2 players.

I watched Lisa Su holding those cards and I don't know what the controversy is. Seriously.

It's been edited out, but they had tags that said, "non-[H] review samples."

*grumbles*
To be fair, it takes barely any graphics horsepower to power many of the e-sport games like League of Legends, Dota2 or even CS:GO. There also tends to be a lot more players playing these games. With more players comes a majority of low end machines, so showing off cheap cards that can max the game to these customers is smart marketing.

Back