• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Ehiem 1250 questions...

Scubastevie00

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 15, 2004
Messages
200
I have my ehiem in my system right now and the pump sits at the top above the power supply... I have the front inlet outlet facing down and the top smaller one facting sidewways... The front is the inlet and the top is the outlet correct? I think my system is having trouble pulling water up from the system... Cause when I sit the cpu on the side it runs fine... Anyone know whats going on?
 
pumps don't pull... they push. I'm not sure if it matters what height the pump is at, but if anything it would help. You should try to reduce the amount of tubing that you are using. Don't worry about what order things are in.

Is the pump upright? What blocks do you have in your system? What radiator? What makes you think it isn't pumping water?
 
no real water flow in the resiv. the tubing is rather short and a heatercore from dangerden and a whitewater... i think it just didn't have water incoming into it the way it ws suppoosed to push...
 
Yea sounds like you have a good setup. I'm not sure what might be wrong. Maybe there isn't enough water or something?

edit: or too much??
 
can only guess so here goes,

its starving !!! it sounds like its at the highest point in your loop and any air in the system will collect there. If the impeller is "dry" it wont prime and pull water well at startup at least. It cant push if it cant pull. Without pictures and more details can only take wild shots but it would be much much happier in the bottom of your case. That I am postive of.
 
I'll get some pics up later... I'm on the computer right now... I flipped it upside down haha... works fine.. I might leave the computer like this... I kinda like it haha... except I never painted the bottom of my computer... Oh well..
 
if you res is below the level of your pump all your lines above the res level are draining into the res. your pump is dry. You will kill the pump quick like that.

well least know you know and have a work around. watch that rez for leaks till you get it sorted.

hopefully its a bay rez, if so putting it in the top bay might solve the issue without having to move the pump.
 
After looking over newegg.. Its really looking like either two gigs of value ram or one gig of corsair XMS for basically the same price.. I could also just swing it and get two gigs of XMS for about $100 more.. Not sure what I'm gonna do..
 
Back
Top