Eheim 1048 acting up

Suicidal Insanity

Limp Gawd
recently my pump has been making alot of noise. The first week I could unplug it / plug it in until it ran soundlessly again, but in the last couple of days that hasn't helped. There is plenty of water in the loop so that isn't it, any ideas?

theres very few parts to a water pump, the most likely cause of noise would be a bearing somewhere thats worn out. this would cause vibration which would cause noise. and would explain why, when it was just starting to wear, restarting it would re-center the impeller on its axis eliminating the noise. when it wore down some more, it wouldnt fall back into center on its own anymore, thus constant noise. i think you can buy replacement parts from eheim instead of a whole new pump, or you can send it out for repair.

edit: also you said theres "plenty of water", but that doesnt mean theres no air. even a little air bubble will cause noise and loss of pump efficency.

Well it sounds similar to their being masses of air in the pump, however I have tried the normal methods to get air out and no luck. I also watched the hoses and saw no air bubbles.
When I said plenty of water I meant the pump draws water from the lower outlet of the reservoir and it still had a water level a few mm below the top. So I dont see any chance of air being drawn into the pump from there.

I assume this: http://www.silentcooling24.de/produ...6_252&XTCsid=35ce08e01c4a3aad4011bc82da9d87ef
is the kind of thing I will need. Unless you or anyone else has other ideas I'll order that next week.

something like that, although i dont think thats exactly it, i dont speak german very well. contact Eheim directly they should be able to help.

Back