Educational

Craig

n00b
I know some one on here posted that they recived between 30-50 % off their IBM purchase thru the educational discount.

My school, Central Michigan University, has a deal which reaches around 15%.

What type of id/varification is required, what does IBM ask?

what I amsaying is what is preventing me from saying I am from UofM, or another school with a higher discount.

hahaha, good one

When it comes to moral values when I am being charged 20,000 a year for what should cost 5000

i havent used ibm's student discount but typically they will want a copy of your student ID or current registration with classes you are taking.

i wasnt asked for anything when i placed my order, i guess it all depends on your rep and your school

i wasnt asked for anything when i placed my order, i guess it all depends on your rep and your school

Probably because you went through your school, if you just called up IBM asking for a student discount I suspect your gonna have to prove it.

i called the educational department number and asked for a student discount when i bought my T40 last year. i asked the salesperson if i needed to fax them a copy of my student id, but he said they didn't need it. so i guess it does depend on who/where you go to.

BSMaier said:
Probably because you went through your school, if you just called up IBM asking for a student discount I suspect your gonna have to prove it.

no, i called IBM directly

Back