Educational Questions...

Ryanov

Limp Gawd
I'm biased because I'm a double major in EE and CE, but I would definitely have to say take the EE track. It will pay off in the long run.

Why, you ask? Because everyone in the know knows that EE quite difficult, challenging, often requires plenty of teamwork, etc. It should also test your patience again and again (as long as you go to a good school). You can get a 2.9 GPR in EE and get a job. You can't do that with IS or anything to do with IT, where you basically have to ace your classes all the time.

If you are a EE and know a lot about IT, that's always a plus too. I'm a CE/EE and am getting my MCSE certification. Every bit tends to help.

Originally posted by fat-tony
Around here (Canada), Electrical Engineer refers to both, with two general separations: high-current (power lines, houses, etc...) and low-current (devices).

That's interesting.. In the States we differentiate by calling people either Electricians or Engineers. My bad ;)

I am CompE freshman, and during the first year we share the same classes with EEs, possibly all hardware classes too. I can say that EE is for you. It is not easy, but you will enjoy it.

Back