Editors Awards & The Inq

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frallan

Gawd
This is not about [H]ardforum but about [H]ardOCP

The Inq just posted an article on editors awards.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=18896

What they are saying is much like what HardOCP has allready done in performance testing by doing in game testing and not benchmarking (thx its a VERY good idea) and some of the ideas in the article are also good.

What do U readers and powers that are think?

Would it be a good idea to have a regular award (quarterly) part from all the reviews that [H]ardOCP make anyway?

I havent found a list of the awrds (and the articles) would that be an idea?

I would like those things but I just might not be right about it..

that's probably something the [H] should stay completely out of...

all of the major sites/magazines that said Intel's board was a good performer got completely bashed in that article. farthurmore, the author of that article hit the nail on the head when he asked the question as to why hardware review sites gave the intel board the award, so they wouldn't hurt there advertising and ability to get hardware to test in the future.

it's really a lose lose situation anyway you go about it, none of the sites listed in that article could give a non-biased opinion for the fear of the backlash from Intel, AMD, or any of there advertisers. they had to say something halfway decent about the intel board instead of "well... it basically sucked compared to virtually any AMD 64 bit board you want to compare it too"

kyle definatly doesn't need to be locked into that position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back