Edit Graphic: Change all blue colors to green

Demon10000

Supreme [H]ardness
A product we use has a canned web site. I've been asked to change all the blue in the images of the website to a shade of green. I need to do this without impacting any other colors in the image.

Any ideas on what software and method to use? I'm a complete noob when it comes to graphic editing!

so, do you use Flash on that website?
or the images are only jpegs or gifs?

Irfanview has an ability to swap colors but it's limited. For basic colors though it works.

Open an image then click Image -> Swap colors

leSLIe said:
so, do you use Flash on that website?
or the images are only jpegs or gifs?

No flash -- the images are all jpgs and gifs.

KillaChaos said:
I would code a script that transformed all points in the "Green" plane to the "Blue" plane.

Sounds reasonable -- but I've never worked with graphics in this manner. I'm not entirely sure how to process the script though. It sounds like the color values are stored in 3 bytes per pixel with the second byte being green and the third byte being blue. I'm not sure how I would know if a pixel is blue or white. I will definitely look into this, though! Thanks for the link!

if you have access to photoshop, you can use the color replacer tool to do this :) However, afaik, you have to do it all manually (no automatic function)

I don't have photo shop.

I was able to open each graphic in Paint.Net and use the image adjustment controls to adjust the hue and saturation level. It got the job done! My blues are now green.

Thanks for the tips!

Back