Edit button inconsistent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike89

Gawd
When posting, sometimes the Edit button is there and sometimes it isn't. This anomaly has been going on in this forum forever. What's the reason?

I believe most forums have the edit button turned on but some do not. I know the Front Page News forum is one that has the edit button turned off. Could this be what you're referring to?

I'm talking about the "Edit/Delete" button that's normally at the bottom of posts the user makes.

What he's saying is that button is disabled intentionally in the Front Page News section. You should see it on any post not in that forum.

The edit button isn't on Front Page News because it encourages people to think about what they are posting before they post it, since FPN attracts a lot of views and it's a fast moving section. Does a good job at preventing threadcrapping for the most part.

I never go to the frontpage news section. I'm talking about all the other sections.

Like right now I just edited this post because the edit/delete button was there. A lot of times when I post in various threads, the button is not there at all. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. Just wondering why.

Without specifics we cannot answer your question.

What specifics do you need? After posting, there is normally a

edit/delete button
quota button
+ button
qreply button

at the bottom right hand side on the post.

So can edit your own posts if say you make a mistake or something. I'm just saying that the edit/delete button doesn't always show up after posting. I was wondering why it's there on my posts sometimes and why it's not sometimes.

I never go to the frontpage news section. I'm talking about all the other sections.

A very high number of your posts are in the front page news section. Can you link to a post where the edit button isn't showing up but you think it should be?

What specifics do you need? After posting, there is normally a

edit/delete button
quota button
+ button
qreply button

at the bottom right hand side on the post.

So can edit your own posts if say you make a mistake or something. I'm just saying that the edit/delete button doesn't always show up after posting. I was wondering why it's there on my posts sometimes and why it's not sometimes.

A screen shot showing it missing and the particular forum it occurred in would help.

Fuck me. I guess as you say a lot of my posts are in the Front Page News Section. I don't know what I was thinking when I first said there weren't. I guess I thought the Front Page News Sections was something else. Might as well just delete this worthless thread of mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back