Edge browser - unsigned certificate

mlcarson

Limp Gawd
Anybody know how to fix this? Any site that I go to (internal sites) without a signed certificate produces a blank window with the tab showing the following error:
ms-appx-web://microsoft.microsoftedge/assets/errorpages/invalidcert.htm?SSLError=50331648

The expected behavior is to show the following warning message:
"This Site is not secure.

This might mean that someone's trying to fool you or steal in info you send to the server. You should close this site immediately.

Details
Go on to the webpage (Not recommended)."

Instead, I just get a blank page with no way to go to the site. The only workaround that I have besides using a different browser is to use the "InPrivate" feature. The above message then displays with a way to continue. The browser tab simply shows "Certificate error: Navigation blocked". How do I get this behavior back in the default browsing mode with Edge?

Anybody know how to fix this? Any site that I go to (internal sites) without a signed certificate produces a blank window with the tab showing the following error:
ms-appx-web://microsoft.microsoftedge/assets/errorpages/invalidcert.htm?SSLError=50331648

The expected behavior is to show the following warning message:
"This Site is not secure.

This might mean that someone's trying to fool you or steal in info you send to the server. You should close this site immediately.

Details
Go on to the webpage (Not recommended)."

Instead, I just get a blank page with no way to go to the site. The only workaround that I have besides using a different browser is to use the "InPrivate" feature. The above message then displays with a way to continue. The browser tab simply shows "Certificate error: Navigation blocked". How do I get this behavior back in the default browsing mode with Edge?

It's possible that when click past the warning (that you most likely should not ignore), there's another backend call which is causing the same security error. What do you see in the web tools/f12 "network" when you try to connect to the blank page?

If you look at the certificate the site is using, what do you see for its subject, trust chain, and expiration?

The sites are internal web management things with self-signed certs. There is no clicking past the warning with Edge -- that's what I want. The sites are no longer giving any warning unless I go "InPrivate". I just get a blank page when trying to go to any site that has a self-signed certificate. Hitting F12 on that page shows:
<html>
<head></head>
<body></body>
</html>
So truly a blank page.
Hovering over the tab shows:
This started about a week ago and I'm not sure what caused it.

It's possible that when click past the warning (that you most likely should not ignore), there's another backend call which is causing the same security error. What do you see in the web tools/f12 "network" when you try to connect to the blank page?

If you look at the certificate the site is using, what do you see for its subject, trust chain, and expiration?

The sites are internal web management things with self-signed certs. There is no clicking past the warning with Edge -- that's what I want.

Don't use that POS of a browser. Simple.

Don't use that POS of a browser. Simple.
Well, not so simple really. This is in an enterprise environment where software installations aren't permitted by normal users but even if it wasn't - there are always some sites that work better with different browsers (even Edge). I just figured out that this was caused by the Adblock Plus extension in case somebody else runs into the issue.

If you work at a company that forces you to use Edge, consider a change of job place.

Back