ECS A780GM-A BIOS problem

fuelvolts

[H]ard|Gawd
I flashed my BIOS to the newest BIOS because I had hoped it would solve IDT sound issues. Well, after I flashed it (the program said successful), I got a CMOS Checksum error. The BIOS would not save any changes. No matter what you did, nothing saved. It was as if the BIOS was in read only mode. No option to boot in Windows. Just F1 to load BIOS - an endless loop.

So I ran the AMIBOOT.ROM trick. Which is to find a BIOS file (I used the one I was using before the update attempt), rename it to AMIBOOT.ROM and copy it to a floppy and press Ctrl-Home to force a BIOS update to reprogram. I did this and now I get NOTHING on the screen. I walked away when it said erasing BIOS, went to explain my dilemma to the Mrs, came back and the screen was black. Now nothing happens.

The thing is I just bought this motherboard 2 WEEKS AGO!! This is so frustrating as I start my second year of law school in 10 hours and now I have no desktop.

Any help? I've already contacted ECS, but this was before I tried the AMIBOOT.ROM trick. Thanks is advance.

Back