• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

eCoupled Technology

Rich Tate

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jun 9, 2005
Messages
5,955
We all have a bunch of portable devices that need charging, which generally means adapters spewing out of every nook of our desks. eCoupled Technology looks to do away with the wires though by enabling devices to charge via magnetic fields.

Future office desks from Herman Miller with the eCoupled technology could charge electronic devices that support this technology through a magnetic field. Forget about any wires or adapters, the only thing you'll need to do with your phone, iPod or PDA will be putting them on your desk
 
Isn't this how the Sonicare Toothbrushes charge? I know that mine is all plastic, and it sits in a charger, which is also all plastic, so I assume there must be some sort of magnetic xfer (though until I saw this headline, I'm not sure I thought that's how it worked).
 
Isn't this how the Sonicare Toothbrushes charge? I know that mine is all plastic, and it sits in a charger, which is also all plastic, so I assume there must be some sort of magnetic xfer (though until I saw this headline, I'm not sure I thought that's how it worked).

Magnetic induction tech is not new.
My wacom digitizer has a cordless, batteryless mouse that only works when very close to the digitizer. How is it powered?

Yes, your plastic toothbrush functions that way.
 
Back
Top