ECO ALC...

wol-va-rine

2[H]4U
I was playing MW3 and suddenly my computer shut off, I opened it up and something was dripping on my video card...the Coolit ECO ALC was leaking, I uninstalled it, installed an air cooler, and powered my system back on but it won't power on...

I am hoping the liquid is non conductive and that the cpu just shut down because of the heat...? is there any chance of this or am I fucked...?

:(

Fucked

Damage was done when the water hit the vid card while it was running.

Call up the warranty dept at ECO, and see if they reimburse for when their wares fail.

Yup. If you're lucky, its just the video card. Try pulling it and seeing if you boot. If thats a go, you can try swapping in the card from your bitmining rig.

How old is the ALC? If its out of warranty, you might be screwed.

yeah, the more it dries out the better (I also cleaned the affected parts off with rubbing alcohol), it had been booting intermittently to different stages all day and I'm finally booted up and posting [h]ere on it, although I did have to plug in my spare 4870 in place of the 6850, which may be the only casualty of this whole episode...

add my SB X-Fi Platinum to the casualties, the liquid dripped off of the 6850 onto the sound card as well...ugh, I hate onboard sound...

Last edited:
sound card has been revived with isopropyl alcohol, so the video card stands as the only casualty, I've taken it apart and have been giving it isopropyl treatment as well but with no positive results, I still get the 2E error code (no video output) on my P55 GD80...

Have you called Coolit?

no, it's older than two years and out of warranty (plus I bought it on [H]ere anyway), the loss of the video card sucks and is basically just an expensive ($170) lesson learned...that's what I'm taking from this...

just so people know, the hoses weren't what leaked, it was the actual block (with the pump?) that covers the cpu...

Back