Ebert Calls Kick-Ass Movie "Morally Reprehensible"

*Oh noes "children" committing violent acts only reserved for adults oh what ever shall we do... *cough* lolita, orphan, good son, the professional, etc. etc. Oh the humanity

*Oh noes "children" committing violent acts only reserved for adults oh what ever shall we do... *cough* lolita, orphan, good son, the professional, etc. etc. Oh the humanity

You can blame the evagelicals for this nonsense. Really, if it wasn't for the bible thumpers, people wouldn't constantly be up in arms about this sort of crap.

Titties and guns, oh noes! Jesus save us.

I didn't read anything about what Ebert opinion/review is toward the movie or any character. I am posting because the movie is awesome. And personally I commend this movie of having a 10 year-old character killing people and swearing like a drunken sailor, because the vulgarity and violence was delivered in a way many other movies wouldn't dare tread waters. A kid who dresses up like a super hero who kills people, of coursed properly recreated from the comic as well.

With all the killing and swearing aside, I laughed my butt off when she was driving a car. Now that was strangely surprising to see.

I saw it today and thought it was pretty good fun, so I disagree with Ebert on this one. I don't consider the movie "Morally Reprehensible".

Fuck Ebert! He can go back to dying now please....

:eek: But stuff like that is. Do you visit cancer wards to make fun of the Dying? There is no need to attack Ebert just because you disagree with his opinion of a movie.

A lot of people do have an issue with most of the graphic death dealing coming from a 12 year old girl. Why attack Ebert over his opinion? Ebert is pretty cool reviewer/writer IMO. I have been reading/watching since his show with Siskel. I don't always agree with him, but I do like hearing what he has to say.

He is is bad shape right having lost throat, jaw and speaking ability to Cancer and in fact doesn't have that much time left. I for one will miss his words when he is gone, even if I don't always agree with them.

Ebert used to be a reliable one-stop shop for general movie reviews, but he's getting more and more off of my POV. It's understandable - everyone has their views, but considering this same guy gave was open-minded enough to give kudos to movies like xXx and FF (yes, Ebert actually liked them), it's disappointing.

The moral reprehensible nonsense is just email baiting - something Ebert should be well aware of, having been in the business so long.

I usually enjoy movies that fat movie critics hate and vice versa. So I say F U to Ebert. :p

Ebert used to be a reliable one-stop shop for general movie reviews, but he's getting more and more off of my POV. It's understandable - everyone has their views, but considering this same guy gave was open-minded enough to give kudos to movies like xXx and FF (yes, Ebert actually liked them), it's disappointing.

What do you expect from a guy who called Star Wars Episode I "an astonishing achievement in imaginative filmmaking" and gave it 3.5 stars. :rolleyes:

He's a senile old fart.

What do you expect from a guy who called Star Wars Episode I "an astonishing achievement in imaginative filmmaking" and gave it 3.5 stars. :rolleyes:

He's a senile old fart.

I didnt know he gave EP1 3.5

hahahahaha, its like .5 for the lightsaber fight at the end

He's a senile old fart.

A lot of critics liked it (though not as much as Ebert). I have no idea why he gave it such high marks, but Berardinelli gave it 3.5 as well, and he's not an easy reviewer, old or senile.

I think they were wrong, but that's the only thing I can say based on a review. For that matter, I don't believe Ebert was all that old in 99 (but I'm not really sure how old he is and I too lazy to look it up).

I think Ebert means by Morally Reprehensible is sure in the movie it is all fun and games, but seriously in real life that little girl would of gotten her asses kicked and handed on a platter. If anyone youtube USA kids doing WWF body slam off the top of a 1 story garage on to solid concrete pavement I would agree with Ebert and we aren't talking about little girl we are talking about older teen. Just take the moral of the camera guy. Dude you okay... Dude what is wrong?... (brain/morals stop working 10 years ago.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4f3YXiLhOM

You can blame the evagelicals for this nonsense. Really, if it wasn't for the bible thumpers, people wouldn't constantly be up in arms about this sort of crap.

Titties and guns, oh noes! Jesus save us.

What a bullshit argument that is. How about the Koran thumpers or the Dao thumpers. Your horse just isn't that high, buddy.

The comic series is great. I can't wait to see the movie. I hope it does the comic justice.

I have not read the comic and I went into the movie theater with my only expectations coming from one of the early pg-13 trailers. With that said, I was blown away by this movie. Myself and all of my friends were almost on the floor laughing at some of it's best moments. I've seen it 3 times now with different groups of friends and it hasn't ceased to be thoroughly entertaining. The only flaws I could find were excessive Apple product placement and a touch too much corny love story that, I suppose, actually contributed to the believability of the characters in the end. Go see this film!!! ...just don't take your kids to it.

Saw the movie. Thought it was awesome! The only bad part is now I'm in love with an 11 year old :eek:

He's a senile old fart.

Lol how did I not know this before? Rating Ep1 like that is an permanent facepalm for a reviewer's rep.

And haha on Steve_010's comment, but when Todd (KA's other friend, not Clark Duke) says it and adds, "I'll save myself for her" (paraphrasing) - it just made myself LOL even more.

Is this movie worth seeing on the big screen or should I wait for it to come out on DVD and rent it? I'm debating watching this or "The Losers" to hold me over until "Iron Man 2" comes out.

Is this movie worth seeing on the big screen or should I wait for it to come out on DVD and rent it? I'm debating watching this or "The Losers" to hold me over until "Iron Man 2" comes out.

This is rated a lot better than "The Losers". I saw this in the theater and don't plan on seeing the losers.

Good, demented Fun movie IMO. Gore is a bit like Kill Bill but a 11 year old girl is doing to the killing...

This is rated a lot better than "The Losers". I saw this in the theater and don't plan on seeing the losers.

Good, demented Fun movie IMO. Gore is a bit like Kill Bill but a 11 year old girl is doing to the killing...
Cool, sounds like my time of movie!

A coworker who saw the movie the prior weekend told me the little girl in this movie makes Wolverine from "X-men" look like a pussy! :eek:

"Many children that age would be, I dunno, affected somehow, don't you think, after killing eight or 12 men who were trying to kill her? I know, I know. This is a satire. But a satire of what?

When kids in the age range of this movie's home video audience are shooting one another every day in America, that kind of stops being funny."

It's a good point, I think.

Back