ebay

Scotch77

Gawd
Joined
Jul 27, 2005
Messages
769
would you guys buy hard drives from ebay. My HDD is dying and i need a new one and money is tight.

some really cheap ones, like a new hitachi 160gb for like $50. sealed.
 
In short...no.

Half those guys don't know how to properly package a hard drive. And who knows how carefully they're packaged on their end.

Spend more from someone you know is nice to their merchandise.

Hard drives fail...and that sucks. DOn't make it easier.
 
I just bought a 120gb hd for 40 bucks on ebay. WD 7200rpm 8mb, but it was refurbished and the guy didnt post it. It works fine. I bought a new 250gb wd 7200 8mb on ebay for my brother and as stated it was new and sealed. It came packaged in peanuts and was reasonably safe. Again, it worked, basically what I wanted.

I buy certain computer stuff off of ebay, stuff that is tougher than normal, or able to pick up dirrectly from the person. Mostly I look at feedback, cause if someone gets a 60 dollar paper weight, they are gonna be pissed.
 
Back
Top